Xiaomi teases Mi Notebook launch in India – will be the company’s first laptop in the country
Mi Notebookwill be Xiaomi’s first laptop in India.
- Xiaomi had teased its launch at the start of 2020, saying it will bring its laptops to India.
- Xiaomi has also been working on expanding the presence of the comparatively premium Mi brand in India, and the Mi Notebook will be the next major device to launch under this name.
Xiaomi India’s Managing Director Manu Kumar Jain posted a teaser video on Twitter, saying “It’s time”.
TOP VIDEOS FOR YOU
' !!Mi fans, you have waited and waited and waited. And now, IT's TIME!RT with #WhatsNextFromMi if you… https://t.co/3IUmQBnkJo— Manu Kumar Jain (@manukumarjain) 1590571894000
In the video, Manu Kumar Jain is seen using a laptop. In response, a Twitter user said “Redmibook”, which was immediately corrected by Xiaomi India that the hashtag says “Mi”. This confirms that the laptop will be Mi Notebook.
Currently, Xiaomi sells several laptops under the Mi Notebook branding. It has the standard Mi Notebook laptop, a Pro variant, the Mi Gaming laptop and the
Based on the laptop that Jain used in the teaser video, it is very likely the Mi Notebook 2019 model, although there is a possibility that Xiaomi could launch an updated version in India.
The Mi Notebook 2019 has a 15.6-inch display and is powered by the Intel Core i7 9th-gen processor, with 8GB RAM and 128GB SSD.
Xiaomi is expanding the presence of the Mi brand in India
While Xiaomi is also known as ‘Mi’ amongst many Indians, primarily because it’s easier to say, the company hasn’t given it the centerstage in India. Instead, Redmi-branded devices dominate the Indian market, primarily because they are more affordable when compared to Mi-branded devices.
That seems to be changing now, though. Xiaomi announced its return to the premium flagship segment in India with the Mi 10 launch on May 8. It has also launched several other products via its crowdfunding platform – the most significant one being the Mi Robot Vacuum which costs ₹17,999.
The Mi Notebook will be the next important launch from Xiaomi. This, coupled with the launch of other Mi-branded devices signals a shift in strategy from Xiaomi as it looks to improve its margins in the Indian market.
The exact details of the Mi Notebook that is expected to launch in India are not known yet. We should know more in the coming days, and since the teaser video is out already, the launch may not be too far.
Mi 10 is Xiaomi’s first high-end phone to launch in India after 2 years — and these are its improved features
Xiaomi RedmiBook, Mi laptops expected to launch soon in India
Microsoft will reportedly reveal a long-overdue new version of its popular Surface Book laptop in the spring
- Delhi reports its lowest daily COVID-19 cases in 104 days, records 213 single day COVID-19 cases
- Here’s how to recharge your Reliance Jio on WhatsApp
- India may classify Bitcoin as an asset class, but that may not solve the underlying problem
- Facebook rolls out new chat themes and payment options in Messenger app for US users
- Dodla Dairy's ₹520 crore IPO isn't to expand into new markets but to strengthen its foothold where it already exists