How to do text-to-speech on TikTok and have words read aloud in your videos
- You can use the
text-to-speechvoice on TikTokby giving your video text, tapping on the text, and selecting "Text-to-speech."
- The text still has to appear in the TikTok at some point, but you can shrink and move it so it's out of the way.
- You can't exactly control how TikTok's text-to-speech voice sounds, but you can use punctuation to change it.
TikTok's text-to-speech voice is one of the platform's biggest stars. It appears in popular videos all over the app, and when TikTok introduced a new voice earlier this year, users were furious at the change.
If you want to use text-to-speech on TikTok, all you have to do is record a video. There are no extra downloads required.
How to do text-to-speech on TikTok
1. Open TikTok and record a video. It can be any length, and include anything you like.
2. When you're done recording, head to the editing screen and tap Text at the bottom.
3. Type out your text in any color or style, and then tap Done in the top-right.
4. Tap the text you've written out, and then select Text-to-speech.
Your text will be processed, and then be read aloud. If you're happy with it, just save the video and post like normal. You can also try adding punctuation to the text (periods, ellipses, etc.) to see how it changes the voice's inflection.
By default, your text will appear throughout the entire video, and the text-to-speech voice will appear right at the start. If you'd like to change this, tap the text again and select Set duration to choose when you'd like the text - and text-to-speech voice - to appear in your video.
Quick tip: If you want viewers to hear the text-to-speech voice, but not see the text itself, you should set the text's duration as short as possible (one second), and then shrink and move the text somewhere that viewers won't notice.What's the best time to post on TikTok? How to get more views using the app's analytics and other strategies How to search on TikTok to find specific videos, users, hashtags, and more How to download TikTok videos so you can view them without being on the app How to stitch on TikTok and add other users' videos to your own
- Indian moviegoers might stay home this August in spite of big releases, says survey
- This startup offers ‘super’ healthy snacks for the price of Lay’s, Kurkure
- OPINION: World Biofuel Day — Can biofuel help sustainably meet the growing energy needs of India?
- Kotak Mahindra rolls out a lifestyle focused salary account
- Trading on Indian crypto exchange WazirX drops by over 55%, WRX token loses sheen