How to start a fundraiser on Facebook
- Personal fundraisers have not been enabled in India due to the ongoing
- Facebook does not charge any fee on donations to charitable organisations.
AdvertisementSocial media giant Facebook recently launched its Fundraisers initiative in India. Fundraisers allow people to raise money for charitable organisations, themselves, friends or family members. The company partnered with GiveIndia, one of India’s largest online donation platforms to verify charities in the country.
Currently, Indian users can create fundraisers only for charitable organisations. This includes over 70 charitable organisations, including The Akshaya Patra Foundation, HelpAge India, Foundation for Mother and Child Health and more. Facebook has de-prioritised personal charities worldwide due to ongoing the Coronavirus pandemic.
“We have fewer people available to review personal fundraisers because of the coronavirus outbreak. Because we’re also trying hard to prioritize the review of personal fundraisers related to COVID-19, we may be unable to review your fundraiser, or it may take longer than usual. Non-profit fundraisers will not be impacted,” said Facebook.
Does Facebook charge any fee for fundraisers?
Facebook does not charge any fees on donations made to charities. However, the social media giant does charge a small fee for donations made to personal fundraisers. The fee ranges from 1.46% to 2.99% depending on the country.
How to create a fundraiser for charitable organisations?
- To create a fundraiser for a charitable organisation, click on ‘Fundraisers’ in the Explore section on Facebook or click here.
- Now, search a charity or scroll down and select one of the charities. You can only choose from the available charities.
- Now, you can change the amount of money that you want to raise.
- Next, select the date when you want to end your fundraiser.
- Now, click on ‘Next’.
- You can now change the title and reason for raising the money.
- Now, click on ‘Next’.
- Now, you can change the cover photo of the fundraiser. You can use one of the available photos or use a custom photo.
- Once you have selected the photo, click on ‘Create’.
Facebook allows you to set a goal while creating a fundraiser. However, even if you do not reach the goal, you will still receive the money raised by you.
Here's why Facebook's Mark Zuckerberg is paying top dollar for a stake in Mukesh Ambani's Reliance Jio
Jio, a 3-year old telecom company, is now bigger than HDFC, Infosys and ITC – and India's largest bank
MrBeast announces YouTube 'Rock, paper, scissors' tournament with a $250,000 prize for charity
Popular on BI
- People want bigger homes and reopening offices, schools hasn’t altered this trend
- Prime Minister Modi says extension of free ration scheme will benefit crores during the festive season
- Central government employees given 4% hike in DA ahead of Diwali
- Jewellery chains are growing at the cost of standalone jewellers – and it’s only going to get worse, says World Gold Council report
- To beat the traffic of Bangalore, you can now book a 12-minute helicopter ride