How to use custom background in Google Meet, Zoom and Microsoft Teams
- Video conferencing apps have become an essential tool amid the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Platforms like
Google Meet, Zoom and Microsoft Teamsallow users to use custom background during video calls.
- In this post, we show you how to set up custom backgrounds on Zoom, Google Meet and Microsoft Teams.
- Check out the latest news and updates on Business Insider.
The COVID-19 pandemic has resulted in increased usage of video conferencing services such as Zoom, Google Meet and Microsoft Teams to conduct virtual meetings or teaching. As millions of people are using these apps, interesting features such as support for custom backgrounds are being added to attract more users.
View all Offers
View all Offers
OnePlus Nord 2 5G (Gray Sierra, 8GB RAM, 128GB Storage) I Extra upto Rs.1000 off on Exchange₹ 29999Buy On
OnePlus Nord 2 5G (Blue Haze, 8GB RAM, 128GB Storage) I Extra upto Rs.1000 off on Exchange₹ 29999Buy On
- 19% OFF
Redmi Note 10 (Aqua Green, 4GB RAM, 64GB Storage) -Amoled Dot Display | 48MP Sony Sensor IMX582 | Snapdragon 678 Processor₹ 12999₹ 15999Buy On
- 18% OFF
Redmi 9A (Nature Green, 2GB RAM, 32GB Storage) | 2GHz Octa-core Helio G25 Processor | 5000 mAh Battery₹ 6999₹ 8499Buy On
- 18% OFF
Redmi 9 (Carbon Black, 4GB RAM, 64GB Storage) | 2.3GHz Mediatek Helio G35 Octa core Processor₹ 8999₹ 10999Buy On
Zoom was the first platform to allow users to use custom background during video calls and Microsoft recently introduced the feature for its users. Google Meet also supports custom backgrounds now.
TOP VIDEOS FOR YOUReliance Jio has also announced its video conferencing platform JioMeet, which currently does not allow users to set custom backgrounds during video calls.
How to use custom background in Zoom
To set a custom background in Zoom, follow the below steps:
- Download the Zoom app on your desktop.
- Now, open the app and click on the settings icon on the top right corner.
- Then, click on the virtual background.
- Now, you can select from the available backgrounds or you can use your custom background.
- To use your custom background, click on the ‘Plus’ button.
- You can now select an image or a video to set as your custom background.
- Click on ‘Add Image’ or ‘Add Video’ and select the file from your computer.
- The new virtual background will be applied and can be previewed.
- Open Google Meet in your browser.
- Now, join a meeting or start a new meeting.
- At the bottom right corner, click on change background.
- Now, you have the option to slightly blur, completely blur your background, use a downloaded background or upload a new background.
To set a custom background in Microsoft Teams, follow the below steps:
- Download the Microsoft Teams app on your desktop.
- Open the app and click on the more options mw, senu (three dots).
- Now, select background effects.
- Now, click on ‘Add new’ and select an image from your computer.
- Now, click on ‘Open’ and the image will be added.
Facebook Rooms' new feature for group video calling competes with Zoom, Google Meets and Houseparty
Zoom opens up new technology centre in Bengaluru with plans to introduce value-added services to the video conferencing app
Reliance Jio launches JioMeet app to take on Zoom
- Droom founder explains why he is considering a US IPO and where he intends to spend the money
- 21 new COVID-19 cases reported at Tokyo Olympics, no athletes among them
- Tokyo Olympics: Vandana's hat-trick keeps India's quarter final hopes alive in women's hockey
- The Tokyo Olympics are a hive of NFT activity — from pins to moments to artwork
- Twitter is rolling out an update to make Twitter Spaces easier to share and discover