How to use custom background in Google Meet, Zoom and Microsoft Teams
- Video conferencing apps have become an essential tool amid the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Platforms like
Google Meet, Zoom and Microsoft Teamsallow users to use custom background during video calls.
- In this post, we show you how to set up custom backgrounds on Zoom, Google Meet and Microsoft Teams.
- Check out the latest news and updates on Business Insider.
AdvertisementThe COVID-19 pandemic has resulted in increased usage of video conferencing services such as Zoom, Google Meet and Microsoft Teams to conduct virtual meetings or teaching. As millions of people are using these apps, interesting features such as support for custom backgrounds are being added to attract more users.
Zoom was the first platform to allow users to use custom background during video calls and Microsoft recently introduced the feature for its users. Google Meet also supports custom backgrounds now.
Reliance Jio has also announced its video conferencing platform JioMeet, which currently does not allow users to set custom backgrounds during video calls.
How to use custom background in Zoom
To set a custom background in Zoom, follow the below steps:
- Download the Zoom app on your desktop.
- Now, open the app and click on the settings icon on the top right corner.
- Then, click on the virtual background.
- Now, you can select from the available backgrounds or you can use your custom background.
- To use your custom background, click on the ‘Plus’ button.
- You can now select an image or a video to set as your custom background.
- Click on ‘Add Image’ or ‘Add Video’ and select the file from your computer.
- The new virtual background will be applied and can be previewed.
- Open Google Meet in your browser.
- Now, join a meeting or start a new meeting.
- At the bottom right corner, click on change background.
- Now, you have the option to slightly blur, completely blur your background, use a downloaded background or upload a new background.
To set a custom background in Microsoft Teams, follow the below steps:
- Download the Microsoft Teams app on your desktop.
- Open the app and click on the more options mw, senu (three dots).
- Now, select background effects.
- Now, click on ‘Add new’ and select an image from your computer.
- Now, click on ‘Open’ and the image will be added.
Facebook Rooms' new feature for group video calling competes with Zoom, Google Meets and Houseparty
Zoom opens up new technology centre in Bengaluru with plans to introduce value-added services to the video conferencing app
Reliance Jio launches JioMeet app to take on Zoom
Popular on BI
- A top AI researcher reportedly left Google for OpenAI after sharing concerns the company was training Bard on ChatGPT data
- An AI researcher who has been warning about the technology for over 20 years says we should 'shut it all down,' and issue an 'indefinite and worldwide' ban
- What is an indictment? What it means for someone to be indicted by a grand jury and why Trump was charged
- India reports 3,824 new Covid cases
- 77% of young Indians now spend the most on phones, apparels
- Global Pharma recalls 50,000 tubes of contaminated eye drops in US: USFDA
- Former India cricketer Salim Durani passes away aged 88; PM Narendra Modi, Ravi Shastri lead tributes
- India successfully achieves autonomous landing of Space vehicle