After delayed availability and stock issues, Xiaomi decides to discontinue Mi 11 Ultra in India
Xiaomidiscontinues Mi 11 Ultrafrom the Indian market.
Mi 11Ultra launched earlier this year and is currently unavailable on Amazon and other online channels.
- As per the company, the phone may be available in offline stores.
AdvertisementXiaomi is discontinuing its latest flagship device, Mi 11 Ultra, from the Indian market. The phone that launched in April this year, is not listed on Xiaomi's India website and is not available for purchase on Amazon or other online channels. However, Xiaomi claims that the phone can be purchased at select offline stores where the stock is available.
Although the company will also offer future software updates as it promised to its customers, it is not planning to restock its supplies in India. Even though the phone had launched in April, it went on sale only in July and the company claimed that the delay in its supplies was caused by “circumstances beyond its control.”
Why is Mi 11 Ultra discontinued?
Speculations by publications were rife claiming that the delay in availability of the phone could have been caused due to the chipset shortage across the globe. According to India Today, the reason for the discontinuation of the
Although Xiaomi is one of the highest-selling Android phone makers in India, most of these devices are in the affordable range. The company has tried introducing its premium smartphones in the country from time to time. It exited the premium with Mi 5, and then re-started using the Mi-branding for its premium devices a couple of years ago, and recently got dropped permanently.
Mark Zuckerberg takes inspiration from a migraine app for the new Meta logo
JioPhone Next to go on sale on Diwali — all you need to know about the low-cost 4G smartphone
Popular on BI
- I took a new job in a remote location after my divorce. There aren't many people to date, but I'm happy staying single.
- OnlyFans star Riley Reid plans to 'immortalize' herself using AI. Here's how her team built her new chatbot.
- A boomer grandma advises on how to set boundaries with millennial kids when it comes to babysitting
- India's best relaxing holiday spots for peaceful retreats
- Inter-ministerial approval board can permit demarcation of non-processing area under IT sector SEZs
- Winter wellness: 10 Amla recipes to embrace this season
- ‘Confident’ Indians might splurge on big-ticket items in 2024
- Tata Power stock zooms ahead after brokerage on upgrade