Apple iPhone SE 2022 – launch date, specifications, price and everything we know so far
- Apple is expected to announce the iPhone SE 2022 in March or April.
- The device is expected to retain the same design as its predecessor.
- The major improvements are expected to be in terms of performance and 5G connectivity.
AdvertisementApple is all set to launch the third installment in its affordable SE lineup, the iPhone SE 2022 with 5G support this year. Over the past few months, there have been several leaks and rumors around the device.
While initial reports had suggested that the new device will be dubbed as
Here’s everything we know so far about the iPhone SE 2022 –
iPhone SE 2022 launch date
Apple is expected to launch the iPhone SE 2022 at an event in March or April. The company is expected to host a virtual event considering the rise in COVID cases.
While there is information about the pricing of the iPhone SE 2022, Apple is expected to price the device similar to its existing model. The iPhone SE 2020 is priced starting at ₹42,500 in India.
iPhone SE 2022 design
If you are expecting a major design overhaul with the upcoming iPhone SE 2022, you may be disappointed. As per a tipster, Apple is expected to retain the same design as the iPhone SE 2020 model.
The smaller bezel design that was earlier expected has been pushed back and will be used for the 2024 model.
The device is expected to come with a 4.7-inch display, Touch ID and thick bezels. The device is expected to be available in Starlight and Midnight color options.
iPhone SE 2022 specs
The iPhone SE 2022 is expected to feature the same 4.7-inch IPS LCD display as the current model.
The upcoming device will offer a substantial performance upgrade as it is expected to be equipped with the A15 Bionic chipset which is being used in the iPhone 13 lineup.
While there’s not much information about storage models, we expect the iPhone SE 2022 to be available starting at 128GB, just like the iPhone 13 series. The current iPhone SE is available in 64GB and 128BG storage variants.
Apple is expected to use the same camera sensors as the existing model, meaning we may see a 12MP rear camera and a 7MP front camera.
Other features such as the battery and lightning port are expected to remain the same. However, another major change will be the addition of 5G connectivity.
From iPhone 14 to Mac Pro with M1 Max chipset, here's everything Apple is expected to launch in 2022
Apple expected to kick off iPhone 13 production in India starting February 2021 as trials begin
Apple's budget 5G iPhone will accelerate sales and catapult the stock past a $3 trillion valuation, according to JPMorgan
Popular on BI
- I asked Microsoft's 'new Bing' to write me a cover letter for a job. It refused, saying this would be 'unethical' and 'unfair to other applicants.'
- Microsoft's ChatGPT-powered Bing browser now available publicly
- Don't be in a hurry to prepay but plan EMIs better, say experts as home loan burden set to rise
- Xiaomi 13 Pro with Leica-powered camera to launch in India on February 26 — here’s how its camera was made
- Boney Kapoor announces biography on late wife, legendary actress Sridevi
- Bombay HC says bullet train project of 'national importance', junks Godrej plea
- After Wipro, Infosys showing exit doors to freshers in Bengaluru say sources
- US State Department implements several recommendations of presidential commission to reduce visa backlog in India