Apple expected to kick off iPhone 13 production in India starting February 2021 as trials begin
Applehas started the trial production of the iPhone 13in India.
- The company is expected to begin commercial production of the device from February.
- The company currently produces iPhone SE, iPhone 11 and iPhone 12 in India.
AdvertisementCupertino tech giant Apple has announced that it has started trial production of the iPhone 13 in India at the Foxconn plant near Chennai. The company reportedly will only produce the iPhone 13 and has no plans to produce the iPhone 13 Pro and iPhone 13 Pro Max in the country.
According to an Economic Times report, the company expects to start the commercial production of the iPhone 13 from February. The device produced will be sold domestically as well as exported to the company’s other markets.
Apple has been struggling in ramping up the production of the iPhone 13 due to chip shortages and has been finally able to secure supply for its flagship devices.
As per the report, 20-30% of the iPhones produced in India are exported to other countries so the production of iPhone 13 in India will also help the company ease up the supply issues in other countries.
The iPhone 13 is the most selling device from the company’s iPhone 13 series in the country and this is likely the reason why the company is focusing on producing it first.
Apple currently produces the iPhone 11 and iPhone 12 at its Foxconn plant in the country and the two devices are among the top-selling devices for the company. Additionally, the affordable iPhone SE is produced in the company’s Wistron plant in Bengaluru.
iPhone 14: Everything we have heard about Apple’s next-generation flagship
Apple has told suppliers demand for the iPhone 13 is falling ahead of the holidays, Bloomberg reports
Apple iPhone 13's woes due to chip shortage may continue till February 2022
Popular on BI
- Digvijaya and Kamal Nath are now history, says Ashwini Vaishnaw as BJP attains victory in MP
- Ranbir Kapoor, Bobby Deol's 'Animal' enters ₹100 crore club in 2 days
- Another Reddy rises in Telangana as KCR’s party routed in the state
- Voters of Telangana wanted a change, says Karnataka Dy CM Shivakumar
- Ladli Behna scheme a game-changer, credit to Shivraj Chouhan: Jyotiraditya Scindia as BJP sweeps MP