iPhone 14: Everything we have heard about Apple’s next-generation flagship
iPhone 14is expected to launch in September next year.
- We are likely to see Apple drop the ‘mini’ model from its line-up in 2022.
- Apple is expected to add iPhone 14 Max to the line-up.
Here, we are listing out the best of what we know so far about the upcoming devices so that you have an idea of what to expect from the 2022 iPhones. Let’s dive in to find out.
Line-up: iPhone 14 mini dropped
Apple is expected to drop the iPhone 14 mini from its line-up next year. Despite poor sales of the iPhone 12 mini, the company launched it this year. However, we are likely to see four devices making the line-up next year, namely the iPhone 14, iPhone 14 Pro, iPhone 14 Max and iPhone 14 Pro Max, with the iPhone 14 Max making its debut.
iPhone 14 design
The iPhone 14 design is rumoured to be an amalgamation of iPhone 12 and iPhone 4 with flat edges. The sides are said to be made of titanium, making it sturdier than previous generation devices. The back is expected to sport the same glass surface.
On the front, Apple could drop its wide notch for a punch-hole type camera housing. As for connectivity, Apple is likely to stick with its Lightning port for another year. The rear cameras could also see a redesign, sitting flush with the back without the protrusion.
iPhone 14 display
As for the display, we could see two display sizes across the four models. A 6.1-inch display on the iPhone 14 and iPhone 14 Pro, and a larger 6.7-inch display for the iPhone 14 Max and iPhone 14 Pro Max. There will likely be no 5.4-inch mini next year.
This year, the iPhone 13 Pro and 13 Pro Max featured a 120Hz refresh rate display, but we expect Apple to extend it to other models of the phone as well. We may also see the Always-on display feature that was tipped to arrive on the iPhone 13 series.
iPhone 14 cameras
Not much has been heard about the camera, but the biggest upgrade is likely to be here. The rear camera is expected to see a 48MP primary sensor, up from a 12MP sensor found in the iPhone 13 series. We may also see telephoto lenses with better capabilities and improved optical zoom.
iPhone 14 touch ID
According to rumours, Apple may also bring back the Touch ID, integrating it with the power button. This could be a big positive for Apple aficionados who have been missing it.
Oppo Find N vs Samsung Galaxy Z Fold3 — Battle of the foldables
Checkout chip makers’ stocks that surged on PLI scheme; industry leaders feel the move will make India self-reliant
Popular on BI
- I took a new job in a remote location after my divorce. There aren't many people to date, but I'm happy staying single.
- OnlyFans star Riley Reid plans to 'immortalize' herself using AI. Here's how her team built her new chatbot.
- A boomer grandma advises on how to set boundaries with millennial kids when it comes to babysitting
- India's best relaxing holiday spots for peaceful retreats
- Inter-ministerial approval board can permit demarcation of non-processing area under IT sector SEZs
- Winter wellness: 10 Amla recipes to embrace this season
- ‘Confident’ Indians might splurge on big-ticket items in 2024
- Tata Power stock zooms ahead after brokerage on upgrade