Asus ROG Phone 3 launch price, specs and more – Everything we know about the upcoming gaming smartphone from Asus
- Asus is all set to launch its third gaming smartphone, the
ROG Phone 3, in a virtual launch event on YouTube.
ROG Phone3 is expected to feature high-end specs, including the latest Snapdragon chipset and fast memory.
- Some of the standout features include the latest Snapdragon chipset along with fast memory and a high refresh rate display.
ROGPhone 3 launch in India is scheduled for July 22.
- Check out the latest news and updates on Business Insider.
Asus has several gaming products under its ROG line-up – ROG stands for Republic of Gamers. Asus debuted ROG-branded smartphones in 2018, and it was one of the first few phones with a high refresh rate display.
Also read: Samsung Galaxy M31s, Asus ROG Phone 3 and other upcoming smartphone launches in India
Asus ROG Phone 3 launch – how to watch
The Asus ROG Phone 3 launch is scheduled for 8:15 pm today. The launch will happen virtually on YouTube, and you can tune in here.
Asus ROG Phone 3 price – how much will it cost?
The Asus ROG Phone 3 is expected to feature high-end premium hardware, and as such, it could be expensive.
While there is no concrete information available yet, the ROG Phone 3 could cost more than INR 50,000, if what we know about the phone is true.
Asus ROG Phone 3 specs – will it be enough for gamers?
The Asus ROG Phone 3 is expected to boast of high-end premium hardware, powered by the latest Qualcomm Snapdragon 865 Plus chipset. This should give it a slight edge over other flagship smartphones powered by the regular Snapdragon 865 chipset.
The rumour mill also suggests that this could be paired with 16GB of RAM and 512GB of storage – after all, it is a gaming smartphone. While almost no one will need this copious amount of storage, Asus will likely offer other options at lower prices.
As far as performance is concerned, Asus is said to be using the latest generation of memory and storage, which bodes well for gamers.
Asus ROG Phone 3 display – high refresh rate expected
Gaming smartphones stand to benefit the most from high-refresh rate displays, and even though there aren’t too many games that take advantage of this right now, it makes the phones future proof.
Rumours suggest that the ROG Phone 3 will have a 6.59-inch Full HD+ AMOLED display with 120Hz refresh rate. While this brings it in the league of high-end smartphones like the Galaxy S20+, the screen resolution could be a little on the lower side for a premium smartphone.
Asus ROG Phone 3 cameras – three on the back
Like many other smartphones launching these days, the ROG Phone 3 is also said to feature a triple camera setup on the back. There could be a 64MP primary camera alongside a 13MP secondary one, and an unspecified telephoto sensor.
There’s little to no information about the front cameras, so we will have to wait and watch the official announcement later today.
Samsung Galaxy M31s, Asus ROG Phone 3 and other upcoming smartphone launches in India
OnePlus Nord vs Xiaomi Redmi K20 Pro – Battle for the best mid-range smartphone crown
OnePlus Nord brings the premium OnePlus experience starting at ₹24,999
Popular on BI
- A 24-year-old stock trader who made over $8 million in 2 years shares the 4 indicators he uses as his guides to buy and sell
- Financial inclusion made easy for India’s small merchants with Paytm’s pioneering QR codes and Soundbox
- This frequent flyer who's been 'skiplagging' for a decade says she has 'no remorse and no angst'
- Highest strike rate in IPL 2023: Rahane beats Jaiswal; SKY only Indian in top four
- Godrej Group arm to invest ₹100 crore to acquire material handling equipment to be rented out
- These are must to do activities in Lonavala on your next visit
- Inox Wind gets 150-MW wind energy project from NTPCREL
- RBI’s gold holdings jump over 17% to a whopping ₹2,30,734 crore