Google foldable phone patent spotted, expected to launch next year
- The device is expected to feature a design similar to the recently launched Samsung
Galaxy Z Fold4.
- The foldable phone from Google is expected to feature thick bezels.
AdvertisementGoogle has been working on its foldable phone for quite some time now, and the head of the
According to a report by 91Mobiles, the device, which is expected to be named
Google foldable phone design
The patent has revealed the design of the foldable device from Google. It is identical to the Galaxy Z Fold. However, it looks like the device will have considerably thicker bezels.
The device will fold in half and feature an external display. It is expected to feature a crease similar to the recently launched Galaxy Z Fold 4. Unlike the Galaxy Z Fold 4, the device’s selfie camera will reportedly be placed in its bezels.
The device is expected to be launched next year, and the design and specifications of the device may change by then. The patent application is already more than a year old, and a lot may have changed since then.
Will increase competition in the foldable phones segment
The introduction of the foldable phone from Google will significantly increase the competition in the foldable phones segment. This may also affect Korean giant Samsung, which is currently leading the foldable phones segment and occupies over 60% of the market share for foldable phones.
Xiaomi recently introduced the Mix Fold 2, a foldable smartphone with similar specifications to the Galaxy Z Fold 4. The device was launched in China, and at the moment, it is not known if the device will be launched globally. If it does, it will offer an affordable alternative to the Galaxy Z Fold 4 as it has been priced lower than Samsung’s foldable device.
Xiaomi’s new foldable wants to take on the Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 with a cheaper price tag
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4, Z Flip 4, Watch 5 series, and Buds 2 Pro launched: Check price, specifications and photos
Apple schedules iPhone 14 event for September 7 – here’s everything new expected on this year’s iPhones and Watch
Popular on BI
- Durjoy Datta tweets about Paytm UPI LITE making payments faster and easier, fellow author Ravinder Singh responds
- OnePlus Nord CE 3 leaks ahead of launch – specs, expected launch date and more
- JPMorgan Chase thought it had $1.3 million worth of nickel stored in a warehouse. A closer examination revealed bags of stones.
- Meet Rekha Rakesh Jhunjhunwala, the top Indian entrant in 2023 M3M Hurun Global Rich List
- Cyrus Poonawalla’s wealth grows as his health empire remains unlisted
- Adani Airports following investments as per plans submitted to govt: CEO
- Chinese leader Xi Jinping departs Russia but fails to achieve breakthrough in Ukraine conflict
- Healthcare, consumer goods minted the most Indian dollar billionaires