Apple schedules iPhone 14 event for September 7 – here’s everything new expected on this year’s iPhones and Watch
Appleis expected to launch several new devices at its event on September 7.
- The company is expected to reveal the iPhone 14 series, new Apple Watches and the AirPods Pro 2.
- As per the rumours, this could be the first time for Apple to launch a Max variant of the non-Pro iPhone model.
AdvertisementApple has started sending out invites for the upcoming iPhone 14 event, which is now confirmed to take place on September 7. The company is expected to launch three new
The Cupertino giant is expected to launch two new devices this year, a Max variant of the iPhone and a Pro variant of the
Let’s look at everything new expected from Apple during the event –
iPhone 14 series
Apple is expected to ditch the iPhone mini variant and launch a large display Max variant. The company is also expected to launch the vanilla iPhone 14, iPhone 14 Pro and the iPhone 14 Pro Max. Most of the new features will likely be reserved for the Pro variants.
Starting with the iPhone 14 Max, it is expected to replace the mini and offer a large screen option like the iPhone 14 Pro Max, but with a lower price tag. It is expected to feature a large 6.7-inch display.
The premium devices are expected to get new features coming to the Pro models, including a new display design that ditches the existing notch for smaller camera cut-outs.
Apart from this, the Pro variants are expected to finally offer an always-on display.
The models are also expected to receive an upgrade to the cameras. The smartphones are expected to feature a 48MP primary camera with a larger sensor. On the front, the selfie camera is expected to receive autofocus support.
While the iPhone 14 and iPhone 14 Max are expected to be powered by the existing Apple 15 Bionic chipset, the Pro models are expected to be powered by the new Apple A16 Bionic chipset.
Speaking about the iPhone 14 series, Apple will reportedly start the production of the new devices in India by Diwali 2022.
Apple Watch series
AdvertisementApple is expected to launch three watches, the Watch Series 8, Watch SE and Watch Pro. The Watch Pro is expected to be a rugged smartwatch designed for athletes.
The new watches are expected to be powered by the new S8 chipset and feature a temperature sensor. The Watch Pro is expected to feature a large display and a stronger design than the company’s existing offerings.
Apple AirPods Pro 2
Apple is expected to finally refresh the AirPods Pro three years after they were first introduced in 2019. The company is expected to revamp the design and offer an in-ear wing tip design with the AirPods Pro 2. The device is expected to have lossless audio support and a redesigned case.
The upcoming iPhone 14 may be produced in India by Diwali this year
Indian phone brands may not be able to fill the void that Chinese budget phone ban may create
Chinese smartphones continue to lead the market share despite crackdown by the Indian government
Popular on BI
- 911 dispatchers say skiers are accidentally setting off Apple's new crash-detection technology without realizing, triggering emergency calls
- BHEL among 5 bidders for Rs 58,000 cr deal to manufacture, maintain 200 Vande Bharat trains
- Indian markets open marginally lower amid weak global cues – PB Fintech, Maruti Suzuki, Tata Motors, M&M, Bajaj Auto and other stocks in focus
- Bahamas, Taiwan, Malta & more: Here are 10 countries offering digital nomad visa
- Maruti Suzuki cars will get costlier from January 2023
- Paytm’s optimistic growth projections boost sentiments, shares climb nearly 8%
- India stands like oasis in era of uncertainty amid global inflation, says SBI Research
- Personal loans fintech platform KreditBee raises $80 million in Series-D investment round