Here’s how to maximise the battery life of your iPhone
- You can improve the battery life of your
iPhoneby following these simple steps.
- Apple recommends updating your iPhone to the latest software.
- Enabling Low Power Mode can maximise your battery life.
AdvertisementNobody likes their devices running out of power, be it your smartphone, camera or any other gadget for that matter. Apple offers decent battery life on its devices that include the iPhone, iPad, iPod, Apple Watch and MacBook, but it also depends on the type of user you are. While some users easily squeeze out a day of use with their phones, many aggressive users don’t even get half of it.
In this article, we will explore ways to improve the battery life of your iPhone based on what Apple has to say about maximising battery life and lifespan.
Here’s how you can maximise the battery life of your iPhone
Update to the latest software
First and foremost, you should update the latest software available for your device.
- To do this, connect your iPhone to a Wi-Fi network.
- Go to Settings and tap on General.
- If an update is available, you will see it by tapping on Software Update.
- Tap on update to install the latest software.
- You can also turn on automatic updates, by going to Settings > General > Software Update and tapping on Automatic Updates.
- Turn on Download iOS Updates and Install iOS Updates. This will enable your device to install updates automatically.
The second method is to optimize the settings that include dimming the brightness of the iPhone’s screen and using Wi-Fi.
Adjust the brightness of the screen
- To dim the brightness, you will have to open the Control Centre and drag the Brightness slider to the bottom.
- Alternatively, you can optimise the brightness by switching on Auto-Brightness.
- To activate Auto-Brightness, go to Settings > General.
- Tap on Accessibility and then go to Display Accommodations.
- Activate the Auto-Brightness by setting it on.
Wi-Fi connection uses less power than a cellular network.
- To turn it on, go to Settings and look for Wi-Fi.
- Tap on Wi-Fi and connect to your preferred Wi-Fi network.
If your iPhone’s battery is low, you can turn on the Low Power Mode to improve the battery life. When your battery goes below 20%, you will get a notification to turn on Low Power Mode. You will it again at 10%. Alternatively, you can turn on Low Power Mode manually to maximise battery life. Here’s how you can do it.
- Go to Settings
- Scroll down and look for Battery.
- Tap on it and then switch on the Low Power Mode.
iPhone users can manage the battery life of the device by viewing the battery usage information. You can view which app is draining how much battery. To do the same, go to Settings > Battery. To maximise the battery life, you can prevent apps from refreshing in the background and by turning off Location Services for the app. Here’s how to do it.
Turn off background activity
- Go to Settings > General.
- Look for Background App Refresh, and you can choose to switch it off completely.
- Alternatively, you can select between app refresh on Wi-Fi and Wi-Fi & Mobile Data.
- Go to Settings > Privacy.
- Tap on Location Services.
- Here you can view all the apps using Location Services.
- You can turn them off by using the toggle button.
Turn on Airplane Mode
- Open Control Centre and tap on the Airplane mode icon.
- You cannot use the cellular network in this mode.
Windows 11 to rollout on October 5 for regular users as free update
Amazon is reportedly building a music-focused live audio feature
Here’s all you need to know about PUBG: New State release in India
Popular on BI
- Indian markets open in the red on mixed global cues – Adani Enterprises, NDTV, M&M, L&T among stocks to watch out for today
- Strong headwinds to slowdown global trade growth further in 2023, says WTO
- Home buyers ready to pay 15-20% premium for health and wellness amenities: Dhaval Ajmera
- New-age tech companies rake in business but are still making losses
- Best weighing machine under ₹500