iPhone SE 3 launch date, specifications, price in India and everything else we know so far
iPhone SE 3could sport a radical redesign and make Apple’s affordable iPhone lineup a lot more exciting.
- One of the big changes could be the removal of the huge bezels above and below the display.
- This would also mean the removal of the Home button, but Apple could still offer Touch ID. Find out how.
AdvertisementThe third instalment in Apple’s affordable iPhone SE lineup could be coming soon. Renders of what could possibly be the iPhone SE 3 are out, giving us a peek into what Apple might be cooking next.
The iPhone SE 3 could feature a major design change, trimming down the chunky bezels and adopting the hole-punch notch instead of the infamous notch that is starting to look ancient.
iPhone SE 3 – design and features
Concept maker Apple Lab has posted a set of renders of the iPhone SE 3 based on the leaks and rumours so far.
iPhone SE (2023) in new Matte Purple finish with punch-hole Retina displaymade by @aaple_lab | concept based on l… https://t.co/wnatof1B92— apple lab (@aaple_lab) 1621834031000
It remains to be seen how close to reality these renders are, but they look decidedly fresh compared to the iPhone SE 2020’s design.
The biggest change is clearly the bezels above and below the display. The removal of the traditional Apple notch means that Face ID may not be available, but that could be an acceptable tradeoff for the refreshed look.
The iPhone SE 2020 is currently based on the iPhone 8 design, meaning it has a Touch ID and the trademark Home button, instead of the Face ID notch.
However, one downside of the approach used in the iPhone SE 3 renders is that it’d make the phone very similar to many new Android phones.
Apple Lab also seems to have borrowed from Xiaomi’s new Mi 11X series, with an oblong camera module on the back.
iPhone SE 3 specifications – what we know so far
According to some leaks, the iPhone SE 3 could sport a 5.5-inch display, but some others point to a much larger 6.1-inch display. Suffice to say, this doesn’t seem to be set in stone yet.
With Face ID gone, the iPhone SE 3 could likely include Touch ID in the power button, just like the iPad Air.
Apart from this, the iPhone SE 3 could be powered by the Apple A14 Bionic chipset, which would be an important upgrade from the existing A13 Bionic chipset in the iPhone SE 2020.
Coming to the storage, we could see the iPhone SE 3 ship in three variants – 64GB, 128GB and 256GB. Other than this, it could come with 5G and Wi-Fi 6 support onboard.
iPhone SE 3 launch date and expected price in India
There’s no definitive information about the launch date of the iPhone SE 3. However, display expert Ross Young suggests that we could see it launch in 2023. That might seem like a long way to go, but Apple could surprise us all with an announcement at the upcoming WWDC 2021 event starting on June 7.
Going by the iPhone SE 2020’s price in India, the iPhone SE 3 could be priced around ₹40,000.
Google said to rival Apple’s privacy push with Android 12 while taking care of its advertising business
OnePlus Nord CE 5G launching in India on June 10 alongside the OnePlus TV U1S
Popular on BI
- A boomer moved back to Virginia after living in Florida for a decade. She says she'll 'never own another home' in the Sunshine State and loves the slower pace of life.
- Satellite images reveal Egypt has been quietly building a 16-foot wall on its border with Gaza
- Congressman presses Elon Musk to provide SpaceX satellite services for US defense forces in Taiwan, report says
- The importance of multi-asset investing
- AirAsia looks to add tier-2 and tier -3 cities to its India route map
- Most Internet users avail of OTT services; 53% of them from rural areas: Report
- Companies to dole out 10% average salary hike this year, says survey
- Godrej Appliances expects 20% growth in AC, refrigerator sales in summer season