Nothing phone (2) confirmed to launch soon with Snapdragon 8+ Gen 1, may come with an alert slider
- The Nothing phone (2) is confirmed to launch during the British summer.
- The device is expected to retain the same transparent back and the Glyph interface.
- Here’s everything we know so far about the upcoming Nothing phone (2).
AdvertisementCarl Pei-led Nothing, which launched the phone (1) in 2022 is all set to introduce its next smartphone. The company has confirmed that the Nothing phone (2) will be launched during the British summer, which begins in June and ends in September.
In the teaser shared on Twitter, the company has used the word “premium”. This is in line with earlier reports that suggested that after launching a mid-range smartphone, the UK-based company will introduce a premium smartphone.
Nothing to retain the Glyph interface
The main highlight of the Nothing phone (1) was the transparent back and the Glyph interface. The teaser shared by the company has revealed that the company plans on retaining the popular Glyph interface.
However, it may be tweaked a little. Unlike the phone (1) with white lights, the teaser revealed a small red light and white strips. However, this is a notification light; other lights may remain the same.
Nothing phone (2) may come with an alert slider
The teaser shared by the company has also revealed that the phone (2) might come with an alert slider, which looks identical to the mute switch on the iPhone.
The teaser reveals a flat switch in a circular housing. This will allow users to switch between silent and ringing modes.
OnePlus, which Carl Pei co-founded uses an alert slider on the side, which allows users to change the device’s modes between vibration, ringing, and silent.
Nothing phone (2) to be equipped with a flagship chipset
The Nothing phone (2) will be equipped with a flagship chipset, which has been known for some time now. Pei, during Mobile World Congress (MWC) 2023, revealed that the phone (2) would be powered by a Snapdragon 8 series chipset and launch in the US for the first time.
Qualcomm later revealed that the Snapdragon 8+ Gen 1 chipset will power the phone (2).
AdvertisementWe should know more about the device in the coming months.
Pixel 7a with Tensor G2 chipset and dual camera setup to launch in India on May 11
OnePlus Pad review: feature-packed tablet with a sleek design
Vivo X90 and X90 Pro take on the Galaxy S23 series and OnePlus 11 smartphones in India
Popular on BI
- Elizabeth Holmes ordered dinners for Theranos staff but made sure they weren't delivered until after 8 p.m. so they worked late: book
- The CEO of software giant Intuit, which has avoided mass layoffs, says tech firms axed jobs because they misread the pandemic
- Elon Musk told Chinese Tesla workers in a late night speech that their hard work 'warms my heart' — 6 weeks after some complained about bonus cuts
- Major train accidents that India witnessed in last 15 years
- Odisha rail crash: Rescuers try to raise buried coach, death toll at 238
- Largest road networks in the world – India beats China to take the second spot
- Manoj Bajpayee joins the league of on-screen lawyers like Pankaj Tripathi, Shriya Pilgaonkar & more
- List of famous things to buy in Lonavala