This could be the next OnePlus flagship smartphone
Dave Lee / YouTube
OnePlus 9 Pro smartphonecould bring a few new surprises in the design and camera departments.
- New leaks suggest that OnePlus could partner with Swedish camera maker Hasselblad to boost its flagship’s camera performance.
- Leaked specifications of the OnePlus 9 Pro point at a premium offering with a high refresh rate display and 45W wireless charging.
- Check out the latest news and updates on Business Insider.
According to a new leak by popular YouTuber Dave Lee, known as ‘Dave2D’, the OnePlus 9 Pro could feature a Hasselblad camera system with four cameras on the back. Hasselblad is a Swedish camera manufacturer known for its high-resolution offerings.
While OnePlus has continuously improved the cameras on its smartphones, the Hasselblad partnership could help it give the push it needs. The company was earlier rumoured to partner with Leica, following into the footsteps of Huawei.
AdvertisementThe leaked images by Lee show off two large camera sensors, one of which will be the primary camera and the other could be a wide-angle lens. In addition to these, there are two smaller lenses as well, which could likely be a combination of telephoto and colour filter lens.
A radical redesign on the cards?
The OnePlus 9 Pro leaked images also suggest that the company could be going for a radical redesign despite the success of the OnePlus 8 Pro.
For instance, the camera module on the back is on the left instead of the center. It also draws inspiration from the iPhones to some extent, but given that this is a leak, the final design could still be slightly different.
The OnePlus 9 Pro is expected to launch sometime in March or April, but finer details are not known yet. OnePlus could also move up the launch timeline, but we will have to wait for more details in this regard.
OnePlus 9 Pro – here’s what we know so far
AdvertisementBeyond the camera and the design, the OnePlus 9 Pro is said to come with a 6.7-inch Quad HD+ display with 120Hz refresh rate. The display could also be curved, which makes it more or less on the lines of the OnePlus 8 Pro.
Talking about the chipset, there are two likely candidates – Snapdragon 875 and Snapdragon 888. Given the fact that OnePlus tends to go all-out with its flagship smartphones, we could see the OnePlus 9 Pro being powered by the Snapdragon 888 chipset.
Apart from this, the OnePlus 9 Pro could come with 65W fast charging support as well as 45W wireless charging, along with a bigger battery compared to the OnePlus 8 Pro.
OnePlus co-founder Carl Pei launches a new consumer tech company and it's literally called Nothing
OnePlus Band review: OnePlus' first fitness band gets its features and price right but wish it had more finesse
Xiaomi Mi 10i vs OnePlus Nord — which is the best mid-range device for you?
- Karnataka budget 2021-22 to be presented on March 8
- Delhi Budget likely to have special allocation for free COVID vaccination at govt hospitals: Sources
- Future iPhones may arrive with Smart Magnetic Connectors, says report
- Centre proposes to raise LIC's authorised capital to ₹25,000 crore
- Huawei files two patents related to electric vehicles, says new report