Qualcomm and Asus come together to launch a high-end ‘Smartphone for Snapdragon Insiders’
Qualcommhas teamed up with Taiwanese tech giant Asusto launch a smartphone specifically designed for its biggest fans.
- The Smartphone for
Snapdragon Insidersis powered by Qualcomm’s flagship Snapdragon 888 chipset.
- Unsurprisingly, the design and several features of the phone are based on the ROG Phone 5, Asus’ latest flagship.
AdvertisementUS-based chip making giant Qualcomm has partnered with Asus to launch a ‘Smartphone for Snapdragon Insiders’, featuring the latest and greatest that the chipmaker has to offer.
The ‘Smartphone for Snapdragon Insiders’ – yes, that’s the actual name of the phone – has been designed to cater to the 1.6-million strong community of Snapdragon Insiders. If the phone looks familiar to you, it’s likely because it’s based on the design of the ROG Phone 5, Asus’ latest flagship smartphone.
Smartphone for Snapdragon Insiders – price and availability
The Smartphone for Snapdragon Insiders has been priced at $1,499 (approx. INR 1,20,000) and will be sold in the solitary 16GB + 512GB configuration with Midnight Blue colour being the only option.
It will be available for purchase via Asus, starting in August. Currently, Qualcomm and Asus have plans to sell the smartphone in the US, UK, China, Germany, Japan, Korea and lastly, India.
Qualcomm will also include a pair of truly wireless earbuds – the MW08SI, featuring active noise cancellation support.
Smartphone for Snapdragon Insiders – features and specifications
The Smartphone for Snapdragon Insiders could be easily mistaken for the ROG Phone 5. The similarities actually go beyond the design of the phone – the
Surprisingly, Qualcomm has opted for the Snapdragon 888 chipset, instead of the newly announced ‘Plus’ version. The chipmaker says that this is because Asus started the development of the phone last year.
The chipset is paired with 16GB RAM and 512GB storage, which is comparable with Samsung’s latest flagship, the Galaxy S21 Ultra.
In terms of imaging, the Snapdragon Insiders phone has a triple camera setup on the back with a 64MP primary camera, along with a 12MP ultrawide snapper and an 8MP telephoto camera. Selfie duties are handled by a 24MP camera on the front, housed in the bezel instead of a notch.
Other features of the Snapdragon Insiders phone include a fingerprint scanner on the back, an illuminating Snapdragon logo and a 4,000mAh battery with support for 65W fast charging. Just like with the ROG Phone 5, Indian buyers will only get a 35W fast charger with the Snapdragon Insiders phone.
ASUS ROG Phone 5 gaming phone launched in India starting at ₹49,999
OnePlus confirms Nord 2 will have a new chipset that will give users a better camera and gaming experience
Upcoming smartphone launches in India in July 2021
Popular on BI
- I've had the new iPhone 14 for 2 weeks. I should've listened to Steve Jobs' daughter because I now regret buying it.
- China tells state banks to prepare for a massive dollar dump and yuan buying spree as Beijing's prior interventions have failed to stem its currency's worst year since 1994
- Here is a list of bank holidays in October 2022
- IISC joins hands with AIIMS Rishikesh to develop algorithm that can read brain scans to detect epilepsy
- Overlapping symptoms of dengue, Covid-19 confusing in many cases, say doctors
- Sterlite Technologies launches optical solution for 5G rollout
- NASA pushes back Artemis I Moon mission launch to November
- Auto sales jump in September: Maruti reports over a 100% jump in volumes