Realme is stepping into the premium smartphone segment to take on Samsung, Apple and others with its new offering
Business Insider India
Realmeis gearing up to launch a premium smartphone.
- The device will reportedly be priced above $800 (₹59,500 approx.).
- The company will take on premium offerings from the likes of Samsung, OnePlus and Apple.
AdvertisementRealme started its journey in the smartphone industry as a sub-brand of Oppo and during its initial days focused on budget phones. Later it entered the mid-range segment and soon announced its split from Oppo, becoming a separate entity.
After entering the flagship segment with the GT series, Realme is now gearing up to take on the Samsung Galaxy S series and Apple’s flagship iPhones with the launch of a premium smartphone. The company will also compete with its sister company OnePlus.
Sky Li, Realme’s founder and chief executive officer (CEO) confirmed on Twitter that the company is entering the premium smartphone segment. He further asked fans what they expect from a flagship Realme smartphone.
“It's official: Realme to advance into the high-end market with smartphones over USD800. What do you expect most from Realme full flagship phone?” Sky Li said in a tweet.
The premium smartphone from Realme will reportedly be priced above $800 (₹59,500 approx.), meaning we can expect a smartphone priced above ₹60,000 from the company in India.
The Realme GT 5G is the company’s current flagship smartphone and is currently priced starting at ₹37,999, going up to ₹41,999 for the top variant.
Apart from the fact that the company is entering the premium smartphone segment, not much is known about the device. The device is expected to be packed with the latest technology, including a flagship processor, premium display and a powerful camera.
Some of the fans responded by asking Realme to provide better camera performance, longer software support, water resistance, wireless charging, glass back and more.
The smartphone will likely be launched in the first half of 2022 and will be powered either by the Snapdragon 898 chipset or the MediaTek Dimensity 2000 chipset.
Another upgrade we expect is that Realme might use an E5 AMOLED display which has a peak brightness of up to 1500 nits and saves up to 25% power compared to its predecessor.
AdvertisementWe should know more about the device in the coming days.
OnePlus 10 Pro may get 125W fast-charging tech along with four other phones next year
Apple’s software update will make it simpler to replace iPhone 13 screens in the future
Indian brands lead TWS market — local players record country’s highest ever shipments in Q3 2021
Popular on BI
- Durjoy Datta tweets about Paytm UPI LITE making payments faster and easier, fellow author Ravinder Singh responds
- OnePlus Nord CE 3 leaks ahead of launch – specs, expected launch date and more
- JPMorgan Chase thought it had $1.3 million worth of nickel stored in a warehouse. A closer examination revealed bags of stones.
- Meet Rekha Rakesh Jhunjhunwala, the top Indian entrant in 2023 M3M Hurun Global Rich List
- Cyrus Poonawalla’s wealth grows as his health empire remains unlisted
- Adani Airports following investments as per plans submitted to govt: CEO
- Chinese leader Xi Jinping departs Russia but fails to achieve breakthrough in Ukraine conflict
- Healthcare, consumer goods minted the most Indian dollar billionaires