Vivo X80 series launching in India on May 18 - expected price, specifications and everything you need to know
Vivois scheduled to launch the X80 series in Indiaon May 18.
Vivo X80and X80 Pro were introduced in China last month.
- Here’s everything you need to know about the upcoming flagship smartphones.
AdvertisementVivo is all set to launch its latest flagship devices, the Vivo X80 and X80 Pro in India on May 18. The devices were unveiled in China in April and the company has finally started the global rollout.
The Vivo X80 is the first smartphone to be equipped with the latest Mediatek Dimensity 9000 chipset. The X80 Pro on the other hand is available in two variants – a Dimensity 9000 variant and a second variant with the Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 chipset.
Vivo X80 and X80 Pro launch date and expected pricing
The Vivo X80 and X80 Pro are scheduled to launch in India on May 18.
The Vivo X80 and X80 have been launched with a starting price of CNY 3,699 (₹42,610 approx.) and CNY 5,499 (₹63,350 approx.) respectively. We expect the devices to be priced slightly higher in India.
Vivo X80 and X80 Pro specifications
The Vivo X80 and X80 Pro run on Android 12 with the company’s Funtouch OS 12 on top. The Vivo X80 is equipped with a 6.78-inch Full HD+ E5 AMOLED display with a 120Hz refresh rate. The X80 Pro features a 6.78-inch Quad HD+ E5 AMOLED display with a 120Hz refresh rate.
The Vivo X80 is powered by the MediaTek Dimensity 9000 chipset coupled with up to 12GB RAM and 256GB of internal storage. The X80 Pro is expected to be launched in two variants – a Dimensity 9000 variant and a Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 variant.
Coming to the camera department, the Vivo X80 features a 50MP primary camera, 12MP ultra-wide-angle camera and a 12MP portrait sensor with ZEISS optics and a V1+ chip that ensures improved low light imaging. On the front, the device sports a 32MP selfie camera.
The X80 Pro features a 50MP primary camera, a 48MP ultra-wide-angle camera, a 12MP portrait camera and an 8MP periscope camera with ZEISS optics and a V1+ chip. The device features a 32MP selfie camera.
The Vivo X80 and X80 Pro are powered by a 4,500mAh battery and offer 80W fast charge support. Both the devices feature an in-display fingerprint sensor and come with 5G SA /NSA support.
Motorola Razr 3 leaked images reveal an improved foldable design and upgraded cameras
Nothing phone (1) specification leak reveals Snapdragon 778G chipset, 32MP selfie camera
Upcoming smartphones launching in India in May 2022
Popular on BI
- The 10-year Treasury yield will drop to 3.5% by the end of next year as the massive bond rally will continue, UBS says
- Instagram's crisis highlights the bigger issues the entire ad industry is facing
- Exit polls predict BJP advantage in MP, Rajasthan, Congress win in Chhattisgarh, Telangana and tight contest in Mizoram
- Delhi airport: Flights diverted due to bad smog, bad weather
- Meta expanding child safety measures as scrutiny mounts
- IPL has given me confidence to remain calm under pressure: Rinku Singh
- GST collection surges to 8-month high in November
- Environmental Impact Assessments