Xiaomi debuts its first under-display camera on the Mi Mix 4
Mi Mix 4is Xiaomi’s first under-display camera smartphone to be commercially available.
- It features a 20-megapixel selfie camera tucked under the phone’s display.
- The Mi Mix 4 also comes with the Snapdragon 888+ processor, a 108-megapixel primary camera and more.
The under-display camera on the Mi Mix 4 is “virtually invisible to the eye” according to Xiaomi. The company calls this CUP (Camera Under Panel) technology that offers 400ppi of pixel density and minimises light passing through the screen. Xiaomi also claims that photos and videos captured with the front camera “retain true colors and details.” As for the specifics, it’s a 20-megapixel selfie camera on the Mi Mix 4.
Mi Mix 4 specifications
In addition to an under-display camera, the Mi Mix 4 also comes with flagship specifications. Powering the phone is the Qualcomm Snapdragon 888+ processor paired with up to 12GB of RAM and 512GB of onboard storage. The Mi Mix 4 features a 6.67-inch Full HD+ AMOLED display with a 120Hz refresh rate. It also packs a 4,500mAh battery with support for up to 120W wired charging and 50W wireless charging.
The rear camera setup on the Mi Mix 4 has three sensors including a primary 108-megapixel camera with optical image stabilisation (OIS), a 13-megapixel telephoto lens with 50x zoom, and an 8-megapixel ultra wide-angle lens. More features on the Mi Mix 4 include 5G, 4G LTE, Wi-Fi 6, a USB Type-C port and an in-display fingerprint sensor. The smartphone also comes in a ceramic body in three colour options of black, white and grey.
Xiaomi launched more devices alongside the Mi Mix 4. This includes the Mi Pad 5 and Mi Pad 5 Pro tablets, the Xiaomi Sound smart speaker, Mi TV Master 77-inch, Mi TV 6 OLED 55-inch and Mi TV OLED 65-inch. All these devices will be available first in China and there’s no word on their global availability yet.
Xiaomi launches RedmiBook Pro and RedmiBook e-Learning Edition — its first Redmi branded laptops in India
Xiaomi’s next fitness band could have a display that wraps around your wrist
Popular on BI
- Crypto FAQs answered — everything you need to know about crypto regulations, trading, taxes and CBDC in India
- Google and Microsoft hiring interns in India — Check out eligibility, job descriptions and other details
- AWS appears to be down, and it's taken popular services like Ring smart-home systems, Netflix, and Disney+ with it
- With the metaverse, NFTs and DeFi on the rise, Ethereum miners rake in $2 billion in revenue — a jump of 11% over October
- Gen Bipin Rawat, his wife, and 11 others killed in chopper crash near Coonoor in Tamil Nadu
- RBI keeps lending rates intact, remains accommodative
- India remains to be ranked as the fourth most powerful country as per Asia Power Index 2021
- Although Shriram Properties has solid future prospects, Omicron may mess things in the near term