Xiaomi’s latest charging tech can fully charge a phone in just 8 minutes and wirelessly in 15 minutes
Xiaomishowcased its 200W HyperCharge fast chargingtechnology in a video.
- Its new
chargingtechnology can fully charge a 4000mAh battery in under 8 minutes.
- The company also showcased a 120W wireless charging technology that can fully charge the same phone in 15 minutes.
For those unaware, the Chinese electronics giant has previously rolled out 120W wired charging and 80W wireless fast charging commercially in the Mi 10 Ultra. With the 200W demo, it seems like the company can be the first to offer such high charging speeds on a mobile phone.
Xiaomi announced the breakthrough charging tech on Twitter, where it also posted a video demonstrating the speed at which it can charge a custom-built Mi 11 Pro with a 4000mAh battery. In the video, we can see that the phone reaches 10% charge in 44 seconds and 50% in merely 3 minutes. As mentioned, the full charge is achieved in under 8 minutes.
Charge up to 100% in just 8 minutes using wired charging and 15 minutes wirelessly! #XiaomiHyperChargeToo good to… https://t.co/SBnfoCx5mg— Xiaomi (@Xiaomi) 1622426916000
The video also demonstrates the 120W wireless charging on the same phone. It's visible that the phone wirelessly charges 10% in less than a minute, 50% in 7 minutes and 100% in 15 minutes.
Apart from Xiaomi, Oppo and Realme are also at par in the fast charging race with their versions of the 125W charging technology. While Xiaomi hasn't shared a timeline of when we can expect to see the 200W wired and 120W wireless charging commercially, it's likely to debut with the upcoming flagship models from the company this year.
OnePlus Nord CE 5G release date, specifications and everything else we know so far
iPhone SE 3 launch date, specifications, price in India and everything else we know so far
INTERVIEW: With a partner like Mukesh Ambani's Jio, Infibeam expects to hit $100 billion in online transactions in the next 5 years
Popular on BI
- Paras Defence and Space Technologies IPO: Here’s how to check allotment status
- Google’s birthday: Here's a look at the significant milestones in Google's 23-year history
- Dolce & Gabbana want to make Elon Musk the ‘King of Crypto’ — but only if he can shell out more than ₹3.8 crore for the ‘Doge Crown’
- Buy biodegradable sanitary pads for women in India
- Best baby booster seat in India
- Amazon-backed Capital Float plans to go big in the buy now, pay later segment; raises $50 million
- Where Indians work — seven charts that show you the employment map of the world’s sixth largest economy
- Alibaba, Binance, Sparkpool and other companies are scrambling to avoid any heat from China over crypto concerns