You can now unlock iPhone 12 and newer with a mask on — here’s how to set it up
Applerolls out iOS 15.4 which includes minor changes, along with a major update to Face ID.
- Unlock your iPhone and autofill passwords using a Face ID with a face
- Get 37 new emojis including, hands forming a heart shape, a salute, and a lip-biting emoji.
AdvertisementThe latest update to iOS 15.4 finally lets you unlock your iPhone with a mask on. This particular feature was released in the Beta, but after a long wait, Apple has finally released it for everyone.
But how does it work with a mask on? Apple explains it uses
Use iPhone Face ID with a mask in simple StepsMake sure you update to iOS 15.4, once you update you’ll see a splash screen to set up Face ID With a Mask. But if it doesn’t, you can do the following to enable the new feature:
- Unlock your iPhone, open the Settings app.
- Go to Face ID & Passcode, enter your passcode.
- Now, toggle on Face ID with a Mask then choose the Use Face ID with a Mask.
- Remove your mask if you are wearing one and scan your face and set up Face ID
Here is how this process looks like
In addition, this feature will state that your face should match with the existing Face ID. Also, it works by recognizing the unique areas around the eyes, which means it won’t work with sunglasses.
Apple supplier Foxconn halts production at its Shenzhen plants after sudden COVID-19 outbreak
Facebook wants to bring back young adults on its platform but they say there’s nothing much it can do to win them
Popular on BI
- 9 best street foods in Mumbai you must try
- 10 cool places to hangout in Mumbai
- Indian festival holiday calendar for October and November 2023 at a glance
- Banks closed for 1/3rd of October 2023 – Check out dates and details
- Tax-friendly destinations: A guide to the world's lowest taxes countries