Apple is reportedly developing “SportsKit” framework to bring sports content on its TV platform
Appleis reportedly developing a “SportsKit” framework for iOS and tvOS apps.
SportsKitframework will be integrated with Apple TVapp, Siri and home screen widget.
- Apple has also made some key hirings to develop the sports content on its subscriber-based Apple TV+ streaming service.
AdvertisementApple has recently been focusing on the sports segment across its platform including iOS and tvOS. A report in 9to5Mac supports the claim that the company has been “investing and hiring related professionals” to bring sports content on its TV platform.
Since the release of the first beta of iOS 15.2 in October for developers, a “SportsKit'' framework for iOS and tvOS apps has been referenced in the system’s internal files. The details about the framework is limited, but it is being speculated that it will be integrated with the
With the SportsKit home screen widget, it will be able to showcase real-time sports updates for its users. As Siri does show the scores already, the company might be looking to increase the content across parts of the iOS and tvOS.
As it is being developed privately, Apple may also be working with sports content providers directly to develop the SportsKit framework.
Focus on sports content
Apart from the SportsKit framework, Apple is also looking to build its own sports platform as part of its Apple TV+ streaming service. Reportedly, the company was in talks with Pac-12 to bring live sports to the TV+ subscribers.
Last year, the company hired the former head of Amazon Prime Video’s sports segment to develop its own TV platform. Rumours are also doing the rounds that Apple is in talks with the
Along with this, the company has also hired the former president of ESPN to work on the production of documentary films and unscripted series for Apple’s streaming service.
With Apple focusing to bring more interaction with sports, its users can rejoice although this is just the beginning of what we may see in the coming years in the sports-related space on Apple.
How to clean your AirPods to remove earwax and improve audio quality
AdvertisementA signal from Apple iPad saves a father and daughter after a plane crash
How to use your AirPods' spatial audio feature and experience immersive surround sound
Popular on BI
- A top AI researcher reportedly left Google for OpenAI after sharing concerns the company was training Bard on ChatGPT data
- An AI researcher who has been warning about the technology for over 20 years says we should 'shut it all down,' and issue an 'indefinite and worldwide' ban
- What is an indictment? What it means for someone to be indicted by a grand jury and why Trump was charged
- Amul hikes milk price by ₹2/ltr in Gujarat
- GST mop-up rises 13% to ₹1.6 lakh crore in March, second highest collection ever
- White House refuses to pay for Twitter's Blue verification: Report
- Italy bans ChatGPT, orders investigation over privacy breach
- IISc researchers design tiny supercapacitor capable of storing large amount of electric charge