Apple Watch Ultra 2 launched – new chipset, better display and a price of ₹89,900
Apple Watch Ultra 2has been launched at the company’s Wonderlust event.
- Apple also launched the Apple Watch Series 9 at the event.
- Here’s everything you need to know about the latest Apple smartwatch.
AdvertisementTech giant Apple has launched the WatchUltra 2 at its Wonderlust event, along with the Watch Series 9 and the iPhone 15 at the Steve Jobs Theater at Apple Park.
In addition to the Watch Series 9, Apple also launched the Watch Ultra 2. The Watch Ultra 2 comes with some updates like a new chipset, new gestures and an action button.
The Apple Watch Ultra 2 can be ordered today, with availability beginning Friday, September 22. It is priced at ₹89,900.
“Apple Watch Ultra 2 is our most advanced Apple Watch, with great performance and feature updates. It’s perfect for anyone who wants our biggest, brightest display, longest battery life, and best GPS of any Apple Watch, all in a stunning design.” said Jeff Williams, Apple’s chief operating officer.
Brightest display in its range
The Apple Watch Ultra 2 now goes up to 3,000 nits always-on Retina LTPO OLED display, which the company has claimed is the brightest display in its range.
The Apple Watch Ultra 2 comes with a digital crown on the side and an action button on the opposite side.
The Watch Ultra 2 is also equipped with the company's new S9 chipset, which the company claims is 60% faster and comes with a 30% faster GPU.
It features the same Double Tap feature as the Watch Series 9, allowing users to mute calls, play music and perform actions just by double tapping their thumb and index finger.
The smartwatch also gets the Name Drop feature with WatchOS 10. This allows the user to share personal information with other Apple Watch users.
WatchOS 10 also brings in greater Siri integration, allowing you to connect Siri with your health data. You can ask Siri how much sleep you got, your activities and more. The watch also comes with better connectivity with other products in the ecosystem such as the Homepod.
Also, Siri now speaks in two languages – Mandarin, in addition to English.
iPhone 15 Pro, Pro Max can record 3D videos that can be viewed on Vision Pro in a ‘magical way’
iPhone 15, iPhone 15 Plus with USB Type-C port, improved cameras launched starting at ₹79,900
Double Tap: Apple Watch Series 9’s new feature helps use device while holding a cup of coffee
Popular on BI
- I took a new job in a remote location after my divorce. There aren't many people to date, but I'm happy staying single.
- Elon Musk hits out at viral videos of DINK couples, saying there's an 'awful morality' to those who choose not to have children
- Married couples often share high blood pressure, study shows
- 8 Irresistible seasonal snacks to warm your winter days
- Vijay Shekhar Sharma says 'Wed in India' is a good idea for its food options
- NCLAT stays CCI penalty on NTPC in Ratnagiri Gas & Power shares issue
- A Japanese Start-Up Is Testing a Rocket Powered Entirely By Rocket Fuel Created From Cow Dung!
- Amazon sues scammers for stealing millions of dollars via fake returns