Cisco wants to make virtual meetings more immersive with real-time holograms of actual people just like sci-fi movies
Ciscoat its WebexOne event unveiled a new collaboration tool ‘ Webex Hologram’.
- This tool produces real-time holograms of actual people for video meetings.
- It lets participants in the meeting collaborate on digital and physical content.
Webex Hologram, as the name suggests, will project immersive 3D holograms through the use of augmented reality (AR) headsets. This new collaboration tool was developed to help teams that require more hands-on collaboration during meetings which isn’t possible when working remotely. Cisco also expects Webex Hologram to help in training physicians to use new surgical devices without having to be physically present. There have been multiple developments in widely used meeting platforms such as Google Meet, Zoom and Microsoft Teams to make
In a video demonstrated by Cisco, we can see how Webex Hologram takes
Cisco also gave an example of using Webex Hologram in the auto industry where participants can interact with a physical prototype of a vehicle, and collaborate on the design renderings of the car. This collaboration tool also supports multiple participants but Cisco did not confirm how many specifically. It’s available to limited participants now and interested companies can apply for the pilot test. Cisco is expected to make Webex Hologram widely available soon.
Apple glasses may feature a direct retinal projector that could project a screen over user’s eyeballs
AdvertisementWhatsApp's chat migration feature to transfer messages from iOS to Android is coming to Pixel, Android 12 phones
Popular on BI
- Best condenser microphones to record podcasts, songs and more
- Best wireless handheld microphones for parties and events
- Best ukuleles for beginners and professionals
- Best acoustic violins for beginners
- Best portable piano keyboards for beginners and professionals