Google Calendar now lets you group chat with meeting attendees, before, during, or after the event
Google Calendaris adding a button that will let users chat with meeting attendees with a single click.
- The chat button will feature next to the list of attendees in a Calendar event.
- Users can start a chat before, during, or after the meeting with the attendees.
AdvertisementTech giant Google is adding a new button to the Google Calendar events on mobile and the web that will immediately open a chat with meeting attendees.
The company launched its rebranded version of Hangouts Chat to customers earlier this year and has slowly added more features to the main Gmail landing page, including its Zoom-like
The new Chat button appears next to the attendee list in a Calendar event, reports The Verge.
Previously, Google only offered the ability to email attendees about a meeting, but since the company has closely integrated Chats and Gmail — seemingly to popularize Chats — this new addition makes sense.
Users can start a chat before, during, or after the meeting with attendees, and the feature will be toggled on by default.
According to the report, the automatic group chats "only (apply) to participants within your organisation, external attendees are not included in the chat group", Google writes in a post.
The new button will make lives a lot easier for those who add a lot of events to their calendar throughout the day, reports XDA Developers.
Popular on BI
- Govt approves PLI scheme for making drones with outlay of Rs 120 cr, comes out with norms
- Apple transportation through drones to become reality in tribal Kinnaur district of HP
- Researchers develop device that uses sound waves to separate blood-based nanoparticles
- 5 Bihar villages to be developed into human-carnivore coexistence zone
- Delhi's air quality will likely improve from Sunday evening, says IMD