Google Calendar now lets you group chat with meeting attendees, before, during, or after the event
Google Calendaris adding a button that will let users chat with meeting attendees with a single click.
- The chat button will feature next to the list of attendees in a Calendar event.
- Users can start a chat before, during, or after the meeting with the attendees.
The company launched its rebranded version of Hangouts Chat to customers earlier this year and has slowly added more features to the main Gmail landing page, including its Zoom-like
The new Chat button appears next to the attendee list in a Calendar event, reports The Verge.
Previously, Google only offered the ability to email attendees about a meeting, but since the company has closely integrated Chats and Gmail — seemingly to popularize Chats — this new addition makes sense.
Users can start a chat before, during, or after the meeting with attendees, and the feature will be toggled on by default.
According to the report, the automatic group chats "only (apply) to participants within your organisation, external attendees are not included in the chat group", Google writes in a post.
AdvertisementThe new button will make lives a lot easier for those who add a lot of events to their calendar throughout the day, reports XDA Developers.
Popular on BI
- Donald Trump supporters baffled and divided over his claim that Republicans won't vote in 2022 or 2024
- Realme GT Neo 2 5G review: Great performance, fine display but camera needs work
- Marjorie Taylor Greene has Zoom call silenced after 'irrelevant' impeachment testimony during hearing of Lt. Col. Stuart Scheller
- G7 leaders favour CBDCs provided they ‘support and do no harm’ to central banks
- India's farmers protest takes a gruesome turn with a chilling murder at the scene — here’s the sequence of events
- Bizarre! Shubhman Gill was brought back to bat after being declared out
- Ruturaj Gaikwad and Faf du Plessis — amazing data on how the two openers led CSK to IPL 2021 championship
- Budget and safety top criteria for Chennai households during festive season:LocalCircles