Google Maps to roll out estimated toll prices across India, US, Japan and Indonesia
With this new update, users can now find the estimated toll price to their destination even before the trip starts with toll pricing information from local tolling authorities.
Toll prices will be rolling out on
For those looking to explore alternative routes, Google Maps will continue to provide the option of a toll-free route, where available, alongside options with tolls.
"A simple tap on the three dots at the top right corner of the directions in Google Maps will let users select the route options and 'avoid tolls', if they wish to avoid toll routes completely," the company said.
In addition, Google has also released new updates for iOS users to make Google Maps easier to use on an Apple Watch or iPhone.
The new updates include a new pinned trip widget, direct navigation from the Apple Watch, and Google Maps integration into Siri and the shortcuts app.
The new pinned trip widget will help people access trips they have pinned in their Go Tab right from the iOS home screen -- making it even easier to get directions.
In addition, Apple Watch users will soon be able to get directions on Google Maps directly from their Watch.
AdvertisementGoogle Maps is also integrating directly into iOS Spotlight, Siri, and the Shortcuts app.
Sri Lankan President Gotabaya Rajapaksa revokes state of emergency
Elon Musk joins Twitter’s board after acquiring a 9.2% stake, says “significant improvements” coming to the platform
Popular on BI
- IAMAI asks Google not to delist apps from Play store, says 4 members got notices
- Explosion at Rameshwaram Cafe in Whitefield, Bengaluru; Police investigating cause
- As much as ₹8,470 crore worth ₹2,000 notes still with public: RBI
- Homegrown healthtech unicorn Pristyn Care slashes around 120 jobs
- Sensex, Nifty hit record high levels on impressive GDP data, foreign fund inflows