CES 2022: Samsung showcases foldable laptop that expands into a 17-inch monitor
Samsung’s foldable smartphones are well known, including the Galaxy Z Fold 3 and Flip 3.
- Now, the company showcases the technology on a laptop.
- The foldable device expands from a 13-inch compact laptop to a 17-inch monitor.
AdvertisementFoldable displays are not new and we have seen several smartphone makers experimenting and improving the technology. Samsung with its Galaxy Z Fold 3 offers one of the best foldable smartphone experiences in the market. And this time again at the CES 2022, Samsung showcased the technology extending to laptop displays.
Sammobile was invited by the company to preview the technology concept, which is being called the Flex Note. Although the Flex Note is still a prototype and we cannot be certain about when the laptops based on this technology would be available commercially, it opens many possibilities for the future.
According to the prototype which was previewed by the publication, there is a large 17-inch monitor when the display is fully extended. It turns into a compact 13-inch laptop when folded and the folded part can be used as a virtual keyboard.
The Flex Note opens up many possibilities just like the Galaxy Z Fold 3 which allows users to use the same device as a smartphone and a tablet with a larger screen. With the foldable laptop technology, users get a portable monitor as well as a compact workstation in a single device.
When folded into its compact form, the screen is protected from external damage as it gets folded on the inside. This allows users to carry a large monitor at their convenience. According to their needs, the device can be used as an external monitor to a computer or as a compact laptop while on the go.
For now, it’s exciting that the foldable concept is expanding to laptops, but there’s no launch date for this technology. Once available, it will offer great utility in terms of size of displays, as users will be able to carry large displays in compact forms.
From Fast Pair to quick audio switching, these are some of the new features coming to your Android smartphone soon
Here’s how you can customise the URL of your LinkedIn profile
Popular on BI
- A Google engineer of 8 years says his 'spidey-senses' detected incoming layoffs — and felt 'isolated' when his 'faceless' severance email arrived
- A Google employee of 11 years says he and his wife stared at each other in 'disbelief' when they realized they'd both been laid off by the company
- A Google recruiter says he discovered he'd lost his job after a call with one of his candidates suddenly disconnected
- Google may release Pixel Tablet Pro with Tensor G2 chip
- BMW launches its 3rd gen BMW X1 in India
- YouTube Music on the web gets mood filters
- Premium segment contributed 35% of overall smartphone market revenue in 2022
- US industry urges FM to rationalise, simplify direct and indirect taxes in India