Here’s how you can customise the URL of your LinkedIn profile
- People are often asked to share the URL of their profile when applying for a job or with a potential client.
- Having a customised URL makes it more legible for the reader. Let’s take a look at how you can change your
LinkedIn profile URL.
AdvertisementLinkedIn has become a prominent professional networking website, with users engaging on the platform and keeping their education, career and skills information updated. Many of us also use our
In this article, we are going to look at how you can change and customise the URL of your LinkedIn profile. You can do this process using a computer or a mobile phone. Let's take a look at how it's done.
When we say that the URL is customisable, it means you can change anything in the latter “yourname” part of this sample URL “www.linkedin.com/in/yourname''. Here, you can input any number of characters between a minimum of 3 characters to a maximum of 300 characters.
A restriction in the customisation of LinkedIn profile is the usage of spaces, symbols, or special characters. Another limitation of changing the URL is that it can only be done five times in six months.
How to change LinkedIn profile URL on a computer
- Open a browser on your computer.
- Open LinkedIn, and sign-in or sign-up if you haven’t done it already.
- On the top-right corner of the screen, click me and select ‘View profile”.
- On the right side, click “Edit public profile & URL”.
- Next, you will be redirected to the Public profile settings page where you will see the option “Edit your custom URL”.
- Now, click the edit icon next to your public profile URL.
- Here, you can first erase the previous entry and type your custom URL.
- Click save to successfully make the change.
How to change LinkedIn profile URL using your mobile
- On your mobile device, first download the LinkedIn app, if it is not already downloaded.
- Now, launch the LinkedIn app.
- In the top-left corner, tap on your profile photo and select “View Profile”.
- Here, you will have to tap the three-dot icon next to “Add Section” and select “Contact info” or else you will have to scroll down to the “Contact Info” section on some devices.
- Now tap the Edit icon in the Contact section.
- Under the “Edit contact info” page, tap on your Profile URL ““www.linkedin.com/in/yourname”.
- It will be redirected to another page where you have to tap on the Edit icon under Edit your custom URL.
- Erase the existent URL and customise it as per your requirement.
- Don’t forget to click save to make the change successfully.
Tips on changing LinkedIn profile URL
Since a LinkedIn profile URL is used for many purposes, it is recommended to use a variation of your name or your professional brand.
Here’s how you can stay safe from cybercrimes in 2022
Popular on BI
- A Google engineer of 8 years says his 'spidey-senses' detected incoming layoffs — and felt 'isolated' when his 'faceless' severance email arrived
- A Google employee of 11 years says he and his wife stared at each other in 'disbelief' when they realized they'd both been laid off by the company
- A Google recruiter says he discovered he'd lost his job after a call with one of his candidates suddenly disconnected
- Google may release Pixel Tablet Pro with Tensor G2 chip
- BMW launches its 3rd gen BMW X1 in India
- YouTube Music on the web gets mood filters
- Premium segment contributed 35% of overall smartphone market revenue in 2022
- US industry urges FM to rationalise, simplify direct and indirect taxes in India