Here’s how to hide your sensitive photos and videos on Android phones and tablets
- Google recently rolled out the
Locked Folderfeature on Pixel devices.
- You can save photos and videos in the Locked Folder to hide them from others.
- On other
Android devices, you can use the Archive feature in the Google Photos app to hide sensitive media.
To protect your privacy, Google earlier this year rolled out Locked Folder to hide all your
Here’s how you can use the Locked Folder and Archive feature to
AdvertisementBefore starting to move photos and videos to the Locked Folder, Google will prompt you to set it up.
Setting up the Locked Folder
- On your Pixel device, open Google Photos.
- Go to Library at the bottom right of the screen.
- Tap on Utilities and look for Locked Folder.
- Click on 'Set up Locked Folder'.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to unlock your device. If your folder is empty, you’ll find "Nothing here yet."
- Your device must have the screen lock set up, else you will have to set it up first and then create the Locked Folder.
How to save photos directly from the camera to Locked Folder
- Open the camera app on your Pixel device.
- On the top right corner, tap on Photo Gallery and then Locked Folder.
- You can now click a picture and it will get saved to the Locked Folder.
You can also move your photos and videos from the Google Photos app and hide them in the Locked Folder. It is important to note that the Cloud backup of these media will be deleted once they are hidden in the Locked Folder.
How to move photos and videos to Locked Folder
- Select the photos and videos you want to hide.
- Click on More, the three dots icon, at the top right.
- Tap Move to hide the media away.
If you have any other Android device, you can archive images and videos in the Google Photos app to hide them.
How to move images and videos to the Archive folder
- Open the Google Photos app.
- Select a photo you wish to hide.
- Tap More, the three-dot icon.
- Select the Move to Archive option.
If you wish to unarchive any image or video, you can select them in the Archive folder and tap on the three-dot icon at the top right. Select Unarchive to restore the media to the main Photos folder.
AdvertisementHow to deactivate your Facebook account on an iPhone
How to turn on dark mode in Google Maps on your iPhone or Android
8 ways to fix a Chromebook that won't turn on
Popular on BI
- Donald Trump supporters baffled and divided over his claim that Republicans won't vote in 2022 or 2024
- Realme GT Neo 2 5G review: Great performance, fine display but camera needs work
- Marjorie Taylor Greene has Zoom call silenced after 'irrelevant' impeachment testimony during hearing of Lt. Col. Stuart Scheller
- G7 leaders favour CBDCs provided they ‘support and do no harm’ to central banks
- India's farmers protest takes a gruesome turn with a chilling murder at the scene — here’s the sequence of events
- Bizarre! Shubhman Gill was brought back to bat after being declared out
- Ruturaj Gaikwad and Faf du Plessis — amazing data on how the two openers led CSK to IPL 2021 championship
- Budget and safety top criteria for Chennai households during festive season:LocalCircles