How to solve text formatting issues in google docs and slides
Google Docsand Slides users have been reporting text formatting issues.
- The issue has been identified by Google Docs community members and a temporary solution has been marked.
- Earlier, Google Docs, along with Drive, Sheets and Slides was down for some users across the world.
Now, it turns out this is being caused by a conflict with ad blockers and page script blocking extensions. Disabling those extensions fixes the problem.
It’s not clear what is the exact reason behind this issue – if it’s the extensions or Google Docs that’s causing the problem.
AdvertisementWhen it comes to Google Docs, the weird text formatting throws the text off-screen. It also prevents you from selecting the text, so you can’t copy it to a different doc either.
Interestingly, I did not face any issues while using Google Sheets or Slides with ad blocker enabled, but some users have reported issues with
Solution: disable ad blockers or use a different browser
Google’s official community page suggests disabling ad blockers or trying a different browser. The post doesn’t confirm if this is an issue with Google Docs or the extensions.
Weirdly enough, using Google Docs with a different user profile, but having ad blocker enabled does not cause this issue. Additionally, I tested this out with other browsers as well – notably Microsoft Edge and Firefox – and this issue did not crop up there.
The latest issue with Google Docs has cropped after the service – along with Drive, Sheets and Slides – was down for some users around the world, including India. Google identified the “unexpected behaviour – the issue has since been fixed and access restored for all users.
Google Drive, Docs, Sheets and Slides is down for some users around the globe, including India
The aftermath of LG quitting the phone business – updates, warranty, repair and other details for existing LG users
Best broadband plans in India in 2021 – JioFiber, Airtel Xstream Fiber and ACT Fibernet
- Over One lakh oxygen concentrators cleared by customs from April 24 to May 4
- Check out who all can travel to the US amidst uncertainty in international travel
- Water shortage might be on the way to worsen Delhi's COVID-19 crisis
- Himachal Pradesh government imposes curfew effective from tomorrow till May 16
- A third wave of COVID-19 will surely come and it may spread faster and wider but don't know when, says advisor to the Indian government