CERT-In identifies high-severity threats in Apple’s macOS, iOS and iPadOS
CERT-Indetects multiple vulnerabilities in Apple’s macOS, iOS, and iPadOS that can be used to bypass security restrictions.
- Authorization issues in the iCloud Photo Library and Calendar have also been found.
- Recently, Apple has released the latest security updates to cope with these vulnerabilities.
AdvertisementThe Indian Computer Emergency Response Team, CERT-In, reported multiple vulnerabilities in
The vulnerabilities have been found in macOS Big Sur versions before 11.6.8, macOS Catalina before 20022-005, and macOS Monterey versions before 12.5.
As per CERT-In, remote attackers can exploit these vulnerabilities by leading the victim to visit compromised or maliciously crafted web content to executing arbitrary code and bypass security restrictions.
Why do these vulnerabilities exist?
According to CERT-In, these vulnerabilities exist due to out-of-bounds read in AppleScript, affecting the unknown part of the AppleScript component. Besides this, SMB and Kernel - space for sharing files over the network, GU Drivers, and SMB and WebKit.
Authorization issues and information disclosure in the iCloud Photo Library and Calendar have also been found.
Vulnerabilities in iPadOS and iOS
Different vulnerabilities in iPadOS and Apple’s iOS have been found in versions before 15.6. Similar to macOS, these vulnerabilities can be exploited by a remote attacker to bypass security restrictions and cause a denial of service. To exploit the user, an attacker will take the user to maliciously crafted web content.
The vulnerabilities and security threats are very much similar to macOS, as authorization issues have been found in the Home, ImageIO and Kernel and PluginKit. Besides this, issues in GPU drivers, memory corruption, information, and disclosure in iCloud Photo Library have also been found.
What can you do?
To cope with these vulnerabilities and issues, Apple has released the latest security updates for iOS and iPadOS following the latest version of macOS 12.5, the latest version of tvOS 15.6, and watchOS 8.7.
Remember, once updated to these latest security updates, you cannot be downgraded to the previous version.
Commonwealth Games 2022: India has won 3 gold medals so far, check out all the details here.
Nirmala Sitharaman says India's fundamentals are perfect; no recession, stagflation risk
Popular on BI
- S&P cuts India's growth forecast to 7% for FY23
- Digital lending platforms see 3x year-on-year rise in disbursals to ₹14,016 crore in Q2 FY23
- China reports sharp spike in Covid-19 cases amid protests against President Xi Jinping, lockdowns
- iPhone 15 features roundup – Ultra variant, solid-state buttons, USB Type-C port, and more
- India ranks 3rd in millionaire outmigration in 2022, but it’s still churning out more millionaires than it is losing: Henley & Partners