Instagram launches new layout for "Stories" feature for desktop users
According to The
From this interface, viewers can click on whatever story they want to watch. It's sort of like if the tiny circles at the top of users' feeds went bigger and full-screen, the report said on Wednesday.
This is a minor change, but it rounds out the desktop feature and makes it more appealing to use, especially as people are on their computers more frequently while working from home.
The photo-sharing platform started testing this new feature earlier this month.
A spokesperson from Instagram, earlier this month, told Engadget that this feature is being tested and it has begun appearing to a "small group" of Instagram users.
For the most part, Instagram has left Stories unchanged for years. The format is the same as always, with posts being ephemeral.
Most of Instagram's changes to the format come in the form of creative tools, like stickers for small businesses and new fonts. For now, Instagram's firmly focusing on
Indian grooming startup Bombay Shaving Company gets ₹45 crore investment from Dettol maker Reckitt Benckiser
India needs to add massive amount of solar and wind power capacity this year to meet its first target
Popular on BI
- From cheaper smartphones to 100 5G labs, here are the top tech announcements in Budget 2023-24
- Income tax bonanza, capex push to green energy: Budget 2023 summarised
- Budget proposes hike in TCS on overseas travel, fund remittances out of India to 20%
- Life insurance stocks fall up to 10% after Budget pushes for new tax regime
- Budget blow to HNIs claiming huge deductions for expensive houses