iPhone syncing for Windows 11 is now available for everyone - Here’s how to use it
Image credits- Microsoft
- Microsoft Phone Link now supports iPhones.
- Phone Link syncs calls, contacts, and messages between your
- However, there are some limitations for iPhone users, such as no group chats or iMessage apps.
AdvertisementMicrosoft has announced that its Phone Link app now supports iPhones for all Windows 11 users. This feature allows you to sync calls, contacts and messages – with limited iMessage support – between your iPhone and PC.
Phone Link has been available for Android devices since 2015, but this is the first time it's been made compatible with iPhones. Microsoft released it in phases, starting with Windows Insider preview testers in February. It then expanded its availability last month, aiming to support all Windows 11 users by mid-May. Now, the Satya Nadella-led company has confirmed that anyone with a Windows PC and an iPhone can use the feature.
However, there are some limitations for iPhone users. While iMessage syncing is supported, it doesn't work for group chats, sending images/videos, voice messages, or iMessage apps. Despite these limitations, it can still be a convenient built-in service that eliminates the need to switch between your computer and phone.
To use the Phone Link app correctly, here's what you'll need:
- A PC running Windows 11: Make sure your computer has Windows 11 installed.
Bluetoothconnectivity: Ensure that your PC has Bluetooth capabilities.
- The latest version of the Phone Link app: Update the Phone Link app to the most recent version. You can do this by visiting the
Microsoft Store, searching for "Phone Link," and clicking on the "Update" button.
- Open the start menu on your Windows 11 PC and search for "Phone Link."
- Launch the Phone Link app by clicking on it.
- Select the iPhone option from the available choices.
- On your iPhone, open the Link to Windows app.
- Choose the "Scan QR code" option and grant camera access when prompted. Scan the QR code displayed on your PC.
- Allow the app to access Bluetooth and establish a connection with your PC.
- Follow the instructions displayed on your PC to configure the Bluetooth
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone and go to Bluetooth.
- Tap the 'i' symbol next to your PC's name.
- Enable options like Share System Notifications, Sync Contacts, and Show Notifications.
- Once you have completed the above steps, press "Continue" on your PC to finalise the setup.
- You should now be ready to sync your iPhone with Phone Link on your Windows PC.
Here’s how Google’s new AI updates will transform your search experience
Best Google Pixel 7a alternatives: 5 phones to consider before you buy
Popular on BI
- Nifty closes just shy of 21K on gains in metal, IT shares; Sensex scales 70k-peak
- Online furniture brand Pepperfry registers Rs 188 cr losses in FY23
- Most searched movies in 2023 – Animal is not in the Top 10 and Adipurush beats Pathaan
- EPFO invested Rs 27,105 crore in exchange trade funds in Apr-Oct: Labour Min
- Cocktails to prasads: What Indians wanted to cook and brew in 2023