JioFiber, Airtel offers to help you work from home during the Coronavirus pandemic
- India is currently under a 21-day nationwide lockdown to contain
- Broadband companies are offering free upgrades, introducing new plans and waiving installation charges.
- Follow the comprehensive coverage of the Coronavirus pandemic and its impact, and other useful resources that can help you in the fight on Business Insider India.
As the people are stuck at homes, professionals are working from home and students are using online classes to continue studying. To help people stuck at home, broadband companies are coming up with new plans, offering free upgrades, waiving installation charges and more.
Broadband offers to help you
Free upgrade from ACT Fibernet
ACT Fibernet has announced a free upgrade to help people who are working from home. As part of this, the company is offering a free speed upgrade up to 300 Mbps and unlimited FUP.
This offer can be claimed by installing the ACT Fibernet app on your smartphone.
JioFiber offers free 10 Mbps plan
Mukesh Ambani led JioFiber is offering a free 10 Mbps plan in selected areas. The plan offers a speed of 10 Mbps and unlimited data. However, users will have to pay a refundable security deposit of ₹1,500 for the Wi-Fi router.
Apart from this, the company has also doubled the data limits on its other plans to help people who cannot avail the free plan.
BSNL announces free plan with 5GB daily data
Earlier this week, BSNL introduced a free plan for its landline users. As part of this plan, BSNL is offering 10 Mbps download speed with a daily cap of 5GB data. Once this limit is exhausted, the speed will be reduced to 1 Mbps.
In addition to this, BSNL is also offering an email ID with 1GB storage space. It is worth noting that users will still have to pay for the landline as per the selected plan.
Airtel Xstream Fibre waives off installation charges and security deposit
Airtel Xstream Fibre has temporarily waived off installation charged and security deposit for its Wi-Fi router on all new plans. The company has not introduced any new plan.
MTNL offers double data
MTNL has announced that its broadband users in Delhi and Mumbai circles will get double data benefit for one month. Additionally, the company is also waiving installation charges for new users opting for copper-based connections.
One GigaFiber offers unlimited FUP, double speed upgrade for ₹50
One GigaFiber users can upgrade their existing plans to enjoy unlimited FUP and double data speeds by paying ₹50. The company has said that it will offer this upgrade as long as the government advises citizens to practice social distancing.
Facebook's next investment in India may be Mark Zuckerberg's most important — in Asia's richest man Mukesh Ambani
Those who violate Coronavirus lockdown could be jailed for 2 years and fined
A few exemplary citizens of India are showing the rest of country how to practice social distancing in times of coronavirus
- Zimbabwe's health minister fired over COVID-19 graft scandal
- West Bengal records highest single-day deaths of 25 COVID-19 patients
- COVID-19: West Bengal records highest single-day deaths of 25 COVID-19 patients
- Realists enjoy more long-term happiness than optimists: Study
- May impose total lockdown if COVID-19 situation worsens: Meghalaya DyCM