JioPhone Next price revealed, will be available with EMI plans
- The JioPhone Next is priced at ₹6,499 but it is being offered with a downpayment and EMI plans.
- The smartphone is confirmed to launch by Diwali next week.
- It has been jointly developed by Jio and Google.
AdvertisementReliance Jio today revealed the price of its JioPhone Next smartphone that it developed jointly with Google. The JioPhone Next smartphone will be available at an entry price of ₹1,999 which is almost the same as Apple’s cleaning cloth that’s priced at ₹1,900. The smartphone is actually priced at ₹6,499 but after the first downpayment of ₹1,999, the rest can be paid through EMIs paid over 18 or 24 months. It will be available by November 4, and across JioMart Digital retail locations.
Jio is offering four EMI plans for customers who purchase the JioPhone Next smartphone. All four plans have a 24-month and 18-month payout system. The most affordable plan is the ‘Always-on plan’ for which you pay ₹300 per month for 24 months and ₹350 per month for 18 months. Jio is also offering 5GB of data and 100 minutes of calls. For those interested in purchasing the JioPhone Next, you can visit a JioMart digital retailer, Jio’s website or send ‘Hi’ to 7018270182 on WhatsApp.
Here’s a look at all four plans in detail.
|Always-on plan||Large plan||XL plan||XXL plan|
|₹300 - 24 months||₹450 - 24 months||₹500 - 24 months||₹550 - 24 months|
|₹350 - 18 months||₹500 - 18 months||₹550 - 18 months||₹600 - 18 months|
|5GB + 100 minutes per month||1.5GB per day + unlimited voice||2GB per day + unlimited voice||2.5GB per day + unlimited voice|
The JioPhone Next smartphone has been jointly made by the telco and Google. The affordable 4G smartphone runs Pragati OS which is an optimised Android version made for the JioPhone Next. Google features such as Read Aloud and Translate Now will also be integrated in Pragati OS. The smartphone will also come preloaded with apps from Jio and Google.
It will feature optimisations for low-light photography with an HDR mode, and India-specific Snapchat lenses integrated into the phone’s camera. These features will work with any text on the phone screen in addition to web pages, apps, messages and photos as well. JioPhone Next users will also be able to use Google Assistant for Jio-related queries like playing music on JioSaavn or checking your balance on My Jio. The smartphone is also confirmed to receive regular security updates and Android releases.
JioPhone Next specifications
In terms of specs, the JioPhone Next features a 5.45-inch HD+ display with Gorilla Glass 3 layered on top. It is powered by the Qualcomm Snapdragon 215 processor paired with 2GB of RAM and 32GB of onboard storage. It also has a microSD card slot for storage expansion up to 512GB.
The JioPhone Next sports a 13-megapixel rear camera and an 8-megapixel selfie camera. It also packs a 3,500mAh battery. It has dual SIM support, Bluetooth 4.1 and a 3.5mm headphone jack.
JioPhone Next to launch this Diwali – specs, features and everything we know so far
Realme GT Neo 2 to Motorola Edge 20 Pro — smartphones launched in India this month
Popular on BI
- A Google employee of 11 years says he and his wife stared at each other in 'disbelief' when they realized they'd both been laid off by the company
- A Google engineer of 8 years says his 'spidey-senses' detected incoming layoffs — and felt 'isolated' when his 'faceless' severance email arrived
- 6 signs that you're in a one-sided relationship and how to find balance
- Google may release Pixel Tablet Pro with Tensor G2 chip
- BMW launches its 3rd gen BMW X1 in India
- YouTube Music on the web gets mood filters
- Premium segment contributed 35% of overall smartphone market revenue in 2022
- US industry urges FM to rationalise, simplify direct and indirect taxes in India