Microsoft announces Windows 11 2022 update – new features, how to update and everything you need to know
- Microsoft has started rolling out the
Windows 11 2022update in over 190 countries.
- The update brings start menu folders, snap layouts, improved touch gestures and more.
- Here’s everything you need to know about the
Windows 112022 update and how to install it.
AdvertisementMicrosoft has finally announced the
The company has started rolling out the Windows 11 2022 update in over 190 countries, and users on both Windows 11 and Windows 10 can get the update on their devices.
Windows 11 2022 new features
The Windows 11 2022 update brings several new features, including start menu folders, improved touch gestures, snap layouts, improved security features and more.
Start menu folders
Microsoft has added the ability to make start menu folders, allowing you to club different applications in one folder, allowing you to access them easily. If the feature seems identical, it is because the feature was available in Windows 10, and Microsoft removed it from the initial version of Windows 11 without any explanation.
Improvements to Snap Layout
Snap Layout, an existing Windows 11 feature that allows you to organise apps for multi-tasking easily, has received an update which brings improved touch navigation and the ability to snap multiple browser tabs in Microsoft Edge.
System-wide Live Captions
The new update also brings system-wide Live Captions, which generates captions from audio across Windows 11. In addition, Microsoft has also introduced a voice access feature, allowing users to control their computers using voice commands.
Focus session and Do not disturb
The Windows 11 2022 update also brings features such as focus sessions and do not disturb, which aim to increase productivity. When you turn on focus sessions, Windows will enable do not disturb, and you will stop receiving notifications, except for priority notifications.
Improved touch gestures
The update also brings improved touch gestures, allowing you to easily switch between apps using gestures, swiping up to access the start menu and more.
The Windows 11 2022 update also brings a slew of security updates. One of the major additions is the introduction of a new Microsoft Defender SmartScreen. This will identify malicious application websites and prevent users from entering their credentials in such apps.
Smart App Control is another major addition. It will prevent untrusted or unsigned applications, script files and malicious macros from running on Windows 11.
How to install Windows 11 2022 update
- Open settings and click on “Windows Update”.
- If the update is visible, click on “Download & install.
- If the update is not visible, click on “Check for updates”.
Best offers on smartphones, laptops, and more on the Amazon Great Indian Festival Kickstarter deals
The best Amazon Great Indian Festival deals and offers
Flipkart's upcoming sale could be the best time to buy an iPhone – iPhone 13 series, iPhone 12 mini and more to get huge price cut
Popular on BI
- 'Quiet quitting' is a bad idea, experts say. Here are 6 things you can do instead to get the same results if you're looking for better work-life balance – or to lighten your workload
- This pioneering regional OTT has turned profitable in 5 years – here’s how
- A man's cancer vanished after he was injected with a weakened herpes virus in a promising clinical trial
- WhatsApp Business gives a new lease of life to solopreneurs across India and Bharat
- With 303 vulnerabilities, Google Chrome is the riskiest browser of 2022: Atlas VPN
- Taj Mahal will be open for night viewing during 'Sharad Purnima' for four nights
- Rupee falls 4 paise to 81.66 against US dollar in early trade
- Sensex is up 334 points, Nifty by 91 points tracking gains from Asian markets