After rejecting the Indian government's new cyber security guidelines, NordVPN to shut down its servers in India by June 26
- NordVPN will be shutting down its operations in India by June 26.
- NordVPN becomes the third VPN service provider to exit India citing cybersecurity directives from CERT-In.
- Earlier, ExpressVPN and SurfShark VPN service providers shut down their services in India.
AdvertisementNordVPN, one of the most popular VPN service providers confirms that it will be shutting down its
On Tuesday, the company spokesperson, Laura Tyrylyte confirmed that they are removing its servers on June 26. The company stated that with the new rules NordVPN won’t be able to guarantee privacy for its users. By June 20, NordVPN users will start receiving notifications about the shutdown within the app.
After ExpressVPN and SurfShark, NordVPN becomes the third VPN service provider to exit India ahead cybersecurity directive from Computer Emergency Response Team (CERT-In).
The public relation head of NordVPN, Laura Tyrylyte said, “We adhere to strict privacy policies, which means we don’t collect or store customer data. No-logging features are embedded in our server architecture and are at the core of our principles and standards.” Moreover, she emphasised that the company is committed to protecting the privacy of customers, therefore, discontinuing operations in India.
The Indian government appoints the Indian Computer Emergency Response Team (CERT-IN) to protect the country’s information infrastructure. CERT-In unveiled cybersecurity guidelines back in April stating that VPN providers, cloud service providers, and virtual asset service providers have to store customers' name, IP addresses, and email addresses. Also, they have to keep track of financial transactions made by users during the time of service.
The new directive gets into effect from June 27 onwards.
Asus launches new ZenBook and VivoBook laptops with OLED displays, AMD processors and more
Jeff Bezos, Elon Musk, and Mark Zuckerberg have each seen their net worths drop at least $64 billion this year
- Electric two-wheeler sales rise in Nov as Ola Electric scales a new high
- Virtual credit cards have a limited use case – When should you consider one?
- Cyclone Michaung likely to intensify; Sec 144 imposed in coastal areas of Puducherry
- NCRB report shows sharp increase in Cyber Crime cases in states, Metros; overall dip in IPC cases registered in 2022
- Cong in 'striking distance' of BJP in terms of vote share: Jairam Ramesh