OnePlus leads India premium smartphone market with 29.3% share
The OnePlus 8device emerged as the top smartphone model in the premium segment (Rs 30,000 and above) in the second quarter (Q2) with 19 per cent market share, according to Counterpoint Research.
- The brand's success was largely led by its recently launched flagship devices,
OnePlus8 Series 5G.
- Launched in April, the OnePlus 8 Series 5G garnered good response from the consumers in the India market.
AdvertisementGlobal technology brand OnePlus emerged as the market leader in the Indian premium smartphone segment with 29.3 per cent market share in the June quarter, a new report said on Friday.
The OnePlus 8 device emerged as the top smartphone model in the premium segment (Rs 30,000 and above) in the second quarter (Q2) with 19 per cent market share, according to Counterpoint Research.
"As a brand, we are grateful to our India community for their sincere faith in our efforts. And we will continue to work closely with our community to create products that offer truly burdenless user experience with unparalleled quality," said Vikas Agarwal, General Manager,
The brand's success was largely led by its recently launched flagship devices, OnePlus 8 Series 5G.
Launched in April, the OnePlus 8 Series 5G garnered good response from the consumers in the India market.
The OnePlus 8 Pro became one of the top three best-selling smartphones in the ultra-premium segment.
"Solid build and design, larger battery capacity, higher refresh rate with impressive Android UI (
Overall, the premium smartphone segment in India registered its highest ever recorded share in Q2 2020, with significant share from OnePlus as a brand.
The segment contributed 4 per cent towards the total shipments for Q2 2020 as per the Counterpoint report.
India's broking industry just got the shock of its life – SEBI may soon allow investors to trade directly on the exchanges
RIL has a sobering quarter— if not for Jio and stake sale to BP it would have been much worse
India’s Rafale fighter jets — Here’s how it stacks up against Chinese J-20
Popular on BI
- A 24-year-old stock trader who made over $8 million in 2 years shares the 4 indicators he uses as his guides to buy and sell
- Financial inclusion made easy for India’s small merchants with Paytm’s pioneering QR codes and Soundbox
- This frequent flyer who's been 'skiplagging' for a decade says she has 'no remorse and no angst'
- Highest strike rate in IPL 2023: Rahane beats Jaiswal; SKY only Indian in top four
- Godrej Group arm to invest ₹100 crore to acquire material handling equipment to be rented out
- These are must to do activities in Lonavala on your next visit
- Inox Wind gets 150-MW wind energy project from NTPCREL
- RBI’s gold holdings jump over 17% to a whopping ₹2,30,734 crore