Samsung introduced the Bixby feature that produces an replicates user's AI-generated voice for answering calls
Image credits- Samsung
Samsungintroduced the ' Custom Voice Creator' feature, allowing users to create an AI-generated copy of their voice to respond to phone calls. Bixby Text Calllets users type a message to answer a phone call and converts it to audio for the recipient.
- Samsung has also expanded Bixby's offline capabilities, introduced custom wake-up phrases, and improved the assistant's ability to understand the context and process follow-up requests.
AdvertisementSamsung has introduced a fresh attribute for its Bixby mobile assistant, which enables it to generate an AI-based replica of a user's voice to respond to phone calls. This new functionality, the ‘Custom Voice Creator,’ allows users to record various phrases for Bixby to evaluate and create an AI-generated imitation of their speech pattern and voice tone. Regrettably, this feature is exclusively accessible on the Galaxy S23 series and is currently only available in Korean.
This announcement has come after the surge in AI-generated content, thanks to the rise of ChatGPT.
Here’s how it works
This new feature exactly does not clone your voice. Instead, Bixby Text Call lets you type a text message to answer a phone call when it may not be appropriate to do it verbally. Bixby then converts your typed text to audio for the recipient.
This feature enables you to utilize your AI-generated voice to respond to incoming phone calls when you are unavailable. For instance, if you cannot attend to a phone call, you can utilize this new feature to type out a sentence that the caller will hear in your voice.
In addition, Samsung has announced that users can now customize Bixby's wake-up phrase to their liking, along with the voice assistant's ability to play music based on the type of exercise on
The company claims Bixby can better understand the user's intent and process follow-up requests by identifying context and associated words used in previous interactions. For instance, Bixby users can launch a workout on Samsung Health and then ask the assistant to play music suitable for that exercise by saying, ‘Play music for this workout.’ Also, Samsung has extended Bixby's offline capabilities, allowing users to set a timer, take a screenshot, or turn on the flashlight, among other things.
Google Chrome rolls out Memory and Energy Saver modes: Here’s how you can use it
OnePlus 11 Concept video reveals a large camera and a rear panel that lights up
Popular on BI
- Electricity prices in Finland flipped negative — a huge oversupply of clean, hydroelectric power meant suppliers were almost giving it away
- Family stands to lose nearly $6,000 in airfare and hotel costs after they were bumped from an overbooked cruise ship
- Flyers are 'skiplagging' to try and save money on flight tickets. Airlines hate it.
- List of Famous things to buy in Srinagar
- What you need to know when you exercise your stock option plan
- BGMI release date announced: Available to Android users for download starting today
- Gangubai Kathiawadi tops technical awards at 23rd IIFA's music-loaded opening
- About 27K employees lost jobs at Indian startups to date, over 8K this year