Google Chrome rolls out Memory and Energy Saver modes: Here’s how you can use it
Image credits- Unsplash
- The Memory Saver frees up memory from inactive tabs
Energy Saver modeunloads inactive tabs from memory.
- Below, find out steps to enable
Google Chromeenergy and memory saver modes.
Now, Google has introduced a new energy and memory-saving mode for Chrome on Windows, Mac, ChromeOS, and Linux. This new feature is designed to decrease the amount of power used and lower the demand for system resources.
Google Chrome energy and memory saver
The new ‘Performance’ tab on Chrome's settings page contains the Memory Saver feature, which unloads inactive tabs from memory, automatically reloading them when the user returns to the tab. Users can also whitelist certain websites to prevent them from being affected by Memory Saver, a useful feature for websites with real-time updates.
Additionally, the ‘Energy Saver’ feature can be found on the same page. When enabled, Chrome limits its background activity, disables certain animations and video frame rates, and turns off the smooth scrolling feature to save battery life. Users can choose to turn on the Energy Saver feature as soon as their computer is unplugged or when the battery drops below 20%.
The new feature is available in the latest Chrome version (v110), but Google is still rolling it out to some users, so it may not appear in the Chrome settings for all users immediately.
How to enable Energy Saver mode on Google Chrome
In order to turn on Energy Saver mode simply follow the given instructions-
- Tap on the three-dot menu in the top-right corner of Chrome.
- Now tap on settings and open the Preference tab from the left side.
- From there, you can choose to have the feature activated at any time on your computer.
How to use Chrome’s Memory Saver mode
To turn on Memory Saver mode follow the given steps-
- Tap on the three-dot menu which is available in the top right corner.
- Then select Setting and open the Performance tab from the left side.
- Now, you will see the Memory Saver option and you can toggle it to turn it on.
OnePlus 11 Concept video reveals a large camera and a rear panel that lights up
Explained: How UPI LITE makes small payments faster & easier
Popular on BI
- Too many regulatory guardrails could impede growth rate: Uday Kotak
- Fair trade regulator CCI to shortly commence market study on AI
- New trailer of Chris Pratt, Samuel Jackson's 'The Garfield Movie' unveiled
- Lindsay Lohan and Jamie Lee Curtis to return for 'Freaky Friday' sequel
- Electric two-wheeler sales grow by 24% in February 2024, Ola Electric leads with over 40% market share