SBI’s mobile banking app is down for the third time in 30 days — digital services take a hit for the 25th time this year
- State Bank of India’s mobile banking services are down yet again. This is the third time its mobile application YONO has been unavailable to its customers in the last 30 days.
- In the past one year, the bank’s digital services have been down at least 25 times with many of the episodes lasting multiple days.
- After the outrage on Twitter, SBI has acknowledged that its mobile banking service is down due to a ‘system outage’ and it is working on fixing the problem.
SBI is instead asking customers to use OnlineSBI or YONO Lite for their banking requirements.
We request our esteemed customers to bear with us as we work towards restoring YONO SBI app to provide for an unint… https://t.co/pFGNcY8IRz— State Bank of India (@TheOfficialSBI) 1606980308000
HDFC Bank has suffered long outages thrice in the last two years. SBI, on the other hand, has been down at least once every month this year, except for July, according to data on DownDetector. More than half of these episodes lasted longer than 24 hours.
|Month||Frequency of at least one of SBI’s services being unavailable|
Issues range from UPI payments being inoperable to net banking and mobile banking being inaccessible.
Last month, the bank justified that technical issues across its platforms were because it was upgrading its internet banking platform, on November 22 and on November 8.
We request our esteemed customers to bear with us as we upgrade our internet banking platform to provide for a bett… https://t.co/ek55QLFcre— State Bank of India (@TheOfficialSBI) 1606019819000
In October, the bank attributed its glitchy digital services to ‘intermittent connectivity issues’.
And, so the wheel keeps turning.
India may reportedly block Wikipedia if the site doesn't delete the map showing Aksai Chin as a part of China
Geo-tagged bottles in the Ganges river show how plastic pollution can travel thousands of kilometres in just a few months
Trump's H-1B visa restrictions scrapped by US court spells good news for Indian and American IT companies alike
- Apple is hiring engineers and interns for their tech team in India
- Actor James Michael Tyler, known for his role as Gunther on 'Friends,' has passed away at 59 from prostate cancer
- Apple is being sued by a San Francisco man for $1,383.13, the exact cost of his iPhone 12. He says the company refused to fix the device while it was under warranty.
- DDB Mudra Group launches a year-long mentorship program to nurture and empower a community of women leaders in the company
- JioPhone Next to launch this Diwali – specs, features and everything we know so far
- OYO IPO now faces a hurdle from a hotels lobby with 55,000 members, aside from Zostel
- Best nose pins for those without piercing in India
- Zika virus: Centre sends a multi-disciplinary team to Uttar Pradesh's Kanpur after a 57-year-old man dies due to the virus