SBI’s mobile banking app is down for the third time in 30 days — digital services take a hit for the 25th time this year
- State Bank of India’s mobile banking services are down yet again. This is the third time its mobile application YONO has been unavailable to its customers in the last 30 days.
- In the past one year, the bank’s digital services have been down at least 25 times with many of the episodes lasting multiple days.
- After the outrage on Twitter, SBI has acknowledged that its mobile banking service is down due to a ‘system outage’ and it is working on fixing the problem.
View all Offers
OnePlus Nord 2 5G (Blue Haze, 8GB RAM, 128GB Storage) I Extra upto Rs.1000 off on Exchange₹ 29999Buy On
OnePlus Nord 2 5G (Gray Sierra, 8GB RAM, 128GB Storage) I Extra upto Rs.1000 off on Exchange₹ 29999Buy On
- 18% OFF
Redmi 9 (Carbon Black, 4GB RAM, 64GB Storage) | Extra INR 200 Amazon Pay Cashback | 2.3GHz Mediatek Helio G35 Octa core Processor₹ 8999₹ 10999Buy On
- 19% OFF
Redmi Note 10 (Aqua Green, 4GB RAM, 64GB Storage) -Amoled Dot Display | 48MP Sony Sensor IMX582 | Snapdragon 678 Processor₹ 12999₹ 15999Buy On
- 20% OFF
Redmi 9A (Nature Green, 2GB RAM, 32GB Storage) | 2GHz Octa-core Helio G25 Processor | 5000 mAh Battery₹ 6799₹ 8499Buy On
SBI is instead asking customers to use OnlineSBI or YONO Lite for their banking requirements.
We request our esteemed customers to bear with us as we work towards restoring YONO SBI app to provide for an unint… https://t.co/pFGNcY8IRz— State Bank of India (@TheOfficialSBI) 1606980308000
HDFC Bank has suffered long outages thrice in the last two years. SBI, on the other hand, has been down at least once every month this year, except for July, according to data on DownDetector. More than half of these episodes lasted longer than 24 hours.
|Month||Frequency of at least one of SBI’s services being unavailable|
Issues range from UPI payments being inoperable to net banking and mobile banking being inaccessible.
Last month, the bank justified that technical issues across its platforms were because it was upgrading its internet banking platform, on November 22 and on November 8.
We request our esteemed customers to bear with us as we upgrade our internet banking platform to provide for a bett… https://t.co/ek55QLFcre— State Bank of India (@TheOfficialSBI) 1606019819000
In October, the bank attributed its glitchy digital services to ‘intermittent connectivity issues’.
And, so the wheel keeps turning.
India may reportedly block Wikipedia if the site doesn't delete the map showing Aksai Chin as a part of China
Geo-tagged bottles in the Ganges river show how plastic pollution can travel thousands of kilometres in just a few months
Trump's H-1B visa restrictions scrapped by US court spells good news for Indian and American IT companies alike
- Canon’s new patent hints at a telephoto lens attachment for smartphones under development
- Kerala-based ESAF Small Finance Bank looks to raise ₹998 crore through IPO
- Meet BeachBot, a beach rover that uses AI to remove cigarette butts from beaches
- Amazon Prime Day 2021: Best deals and offers on health and household products
- Odisha’s temple town Puri becomes first Indian city with drinkable tap water available throughout the day