SBI’s mobile banking app is down for the third time in 30 days — digital services take a hit for the 25th time this year
- State Bank of India’s mobile banking services are down yet again. This is the third time its mobile application YONO has been unavailable to its customers in the last 30 days.
- In the past one year, the bank’s digital services have been down at least 25 times with many of the episodes lasting multiple days.
- After the outrage on Twitter, SBI has acknowledged that its mobile banking service is down due to a ‘system outage’ and it is working on fixing the problem.
SBI is instead asking customers to use OnlineSBI or YONO Lite for their banking requirements.
We request our esteemed customers to bear with us as we work towards restoring YONO SBI app to provide for an unint… https://t.co/pFGNcY8IRz— State Bank of India (@TheOfficialSBI) 1606980308000
HDFC Bank has suffered long outages thrice in the last two years. SBI, on the other hand, has been down at least once every month this year, except for July, according to data on DownDetector. More than half of these episodes lasted longer than 24 hours.
|Month||Frequency of at least one of SBI’s services being unavailable|
Issues range from UPI payments being inoperable to net banking and mobile banking being inaccessible.
Last month, the bank justified that technical issues across its platforms were because it was upgrading its internet banking platform, on November 22 and on November 8.
We request our esteemed customers to bear with us as we upgrade our internet banking platform to provide for a bett… https://t.co/ek55QLFcre— State Bank of India (@TheOfficialSBI) 1606019819000
In October, the bank attributed its glitchy digital services to ‘intermittent connectivity issues’.
And, so the wheel keeps turning.
India may reportedly block Wikipedia if the site doesn't delete the map showing Aksai Chin as a part of China
Geo-tagged bottles in the Ganges river show how plastic pollution can travel thousands of kilometres in just a few months
Trump's H-1B visa restrictions scrapped by US court spells good news for Indian and American IT companies alike
- Brands like Burberry and Armani as well as online retail help Asia’s second richest man bag record retail profit
- Madhya Pradesh Assembly budget session between Feb 22-Mar 26
- Reliance Industries Oct-Dec 2020 earnings were below estimates
- Reliance Jio’s profit grows 15% but new subscribers are the lowest in 7 quarters
- Popular devotional singer Narendra Chanchal passes away at 80