This smart collar lets you track your dog’s health and location
- The ongoing Consumer Electronics Show (CES) has attracted some interesting new technology solutions.
- One of those is a
smart dog collarthat promises to be the Apple Watchfor your canine friends.
- It can track vital health statistics and the location of your pet dog.
Advertisement2020 has made us all understand the importance of monitoring our health and staying fit, but what about humanity’s best friend – dogs? Many of us struggle with understanding the health of our doggo friends, and this smart
At the ongoing Consumer Electronics Show 2022 (CES),
To be certain, pet trackers are not new. We’ve seen some announced back in 2017 as well, so the location tracking part is not entirely the selling point of Invoxia’s smart dog collar.
However, what gets our attention is the fact that the collar can also monitor vital stats of dogs, like resting heart and respiratory rates.
To be able to do this, the Invoxia smart dog collar uses a series of radar sensors that obtain the required readings when the collar is worn. The company says it has worked with certified veterinary cardiologists to develop a deep learning artificial intelligence (AI), which combined with the sensors, takes the relevant readings from the neck of your canine friend.
Apart from this, the collar can also track activities like walking, running, sleeping, barking, eating, drinking and even scratching.
All these tracked activities and health data are synchronised to a companion app on your smartphone, with neat charts and graphics. The collar supports Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, GPS and LTE connectivity, so you can remotely monitor your dog’s health and activities.
There’s a catch, though – the collar is currently available only for mid to large-sized dogs. Invoxia says this is because it’s difficult to shrink the size of the collar due to the sensors being used. So your cats and miniature poodle will have to wait, for now.
The Invoxia smart dog collar comes with a price tag of $99 (approx. ₹7,400). Wider availability details will be known in the coming weeks.
From iPhone 14 to Mac Pro with M1 Max chipset, here's everything Apple is expected to launch in 2022
Here’s how to automatically delete unwanted emails in Gmail
Apple becomes the first US company to cross the $3 trillion market cap threshold
Popular on BI
- Kellyanne Conway says her husband was 'cheating by tweeting' his disdain for former President Trump in her new memoir
- The worst for Indian startups is yet to come — be prepared for layoffs, unicorn slowdown and startup shutdowns in 2022
- A SpaceX flight attendant said Elon Musk exposed himself and propositioned her for sex, documents show. The company paid $250,000 for her silence.
- What would happen to Twitter if Elon Musk backs out now?
- Researchers develop a virus that works even when iPhone is switched off
- Supreme Court of India extends time for submitting Pegasus probe report
- Chopper services launched in Goa for tourists, locals
- Both Ambuja Cements and ACC are bet worth investing with strong parent Adani