Twitter Circle is a feature that allows you to share tweets with selected people
- Twitter is testing a new feature that will allow you to limit the audience of your tweets.
Twitter Circleallows you to select the people who can see your posts.
- Currently, you can add a maximum of 150 people to your Twitter Circle.
AdvertisementTwitter has been in the news for its $44 billion acquisition by Tesla co-founder
Twitter has announced that it is testing a new feature, Twitter Circle that will allow users to share their tweets with a selected group of people. This is similar to the “Close Friends” option on Instagram.
Here’s how Twitter Circle works
Twitter Circle is currently rolling out and should be available to all users in the coming weeks. Eligible users will get a prompt asking them if they want to share the post with a smaller crowd.
Twitter Circle currently allows you to add a maximum of 150 people to your circle. Only the users in the circle will be able to see your tweets and reply to them. Also, you can edit your circle to add or remove any person at any time.
Once you have created your circle, you will get the option of selecting “Everyone” and “Twitter Circle” while posting tweets. Your tweet will have a tag saying that only people in your circle can see this tweet.
This will allow you to easily share your tweets with a selected group. This will come in handy for those tweets that you don’t want your colleagues or your family to see.
Currently, Twitter allows users to create one circle only. We may see multiple circles in the future, allowing you to create different circles for friends, family and colleagues.
Bought Twitter shares in India? Here’s what will happen after Elon Musk’s acquisition and Twitter going private
Twitter CEO Parag Agrawal will reportedly get $42 million if he is terminated after Elon Musk acquires the company
Cofounder Jack Dorsey was reportedly whispering in Elon Musk's ear that Twitter should be taken private
Popular on BI
- PM Modi to launch 2,000 railway infra projects worth over ₹41,000 cr
- 7 Must visit temples in Andhra Pradesh
- Fuel your brain: 7 Foods to enhance mental sharpness during exam time
- I'm still the CEO, management remains unchanged: Byju Raveendran
- As many as 275 cases of rape in custody registered from 2017-22: NCRB