Realme Narzo smartphone launch postponed indefinitely in India
- Realme’s new Narzo smartphone series that was scheduled to launch on April 21 has been postponed indefinitely.
- Xiaomi postponed the launch of Mi 10 that was scheduled for March 31
- Vivo too postponed the launch of Vivo V19.
- Follow the comprehensive coverage of the Coronavirus pandemic and its impact, and other useful resources that can help you in the fight on Business Insider India.
AdvertisementIndia is currently under an extended 19-day nationwide lockdown to control the spread of Coronavirus pandemic. The lockdown was announced by Prime Minister Narendra Modi and will end on May 3.
Coronavirus adversely affected businesses in the country as only essential services are allowed to operate during the lockdown. The smartphone industry has also been affected by this as Xiaomi, Realme and Vivo decided to postpone their India launches.
Smartphone launches postponed due to Coronavirus
Realme Narzo 10 and Realme Narzo 10A
Realme was scheduled to unveil a new series, Narzo, which was expected to take on the recently announced Poco brand. The company said that the launch of Narzo 10 and Narzo 10A has been postponed indefinitely in India.
Complimentary Tech Event
Transform talent with learning that works
Capability development is critical for businesses who want to push the envelope of innovation.Discover how business leaders are strategizing around building talent capabilities and empowering employee transformation.Know More
"In alignment with the recent order shared by the Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA), Government of India on the prohibition of the supply of non-essential goods by e-Commerce companies, realme has decided to postpone the online sales of its smartphones and the launch of its Narzo series until further notice," the company said in a statement.
Xiaomi Mi 10
The Xiaomi Mi 10 was first introduced in China on February 14 and was set to make its debut in India this month on March 31.
Xiaomi India MD, Manu Kumar Jain took to Twitter to announce that the company is focusing its energy to support the nation against Coronavirus and has decided to postpone the launch of Mi 10.
In his tweet, Manu Kumar Jain said, “We, at Xiaomi India, are focusing our energy to support the nation in its fight against COVID-19.
After careful deliberation, we've decided to postpone the launch of Mi 10 in India, which was scheduled for 31st March 2020.”
AdvertisementVivo was scheduled to announce its flagship smartphone, the Vivo V19 in India on March 26. It decided to postpone the launch due to the Coronavirus pandemic. The company has not revealed when it will launch the device in India.
Prime Minister Modi declares 21-day nationwide lockdown starting midnight
₹6,400 crore worth BS4 vehicles remain unsold due to Coronavirus
Those who violate Coronavirus lockdown could be jailed for 2 years and fined
Popular on BI
- We asked ChatGPT who the greatest athlete of all time is and it did not go well for LeBron James
- A man kept the same pair of contact lenses in for 3 years, causing permanent astigmatism and buildup behind his eyelids. His doctor said he's not responsible enough to wear contacts.
- Clarence Thomas wrote a scathing, nearly 50-page dissent about why the Supreme Court should have gutted voting rights
- Heatwave grips India - Bihar, West Bengal, Jharkhand to record highest temperature
- Apple Arcade looks Stronger Than Ever - New & Exciting Games Announced
- What is the best date to set for your SIPs – Beginning, end, or middle of the month?
- Asus ROG Flow Z13 review – a premium gaming tablet
- Must do activities on your visit to Mahabaleshwar