Realme Narzo smartphone launch postponed indefinitely in India
- Realme’s new Narzo smartphone series that was scheduled to launch on April 21 has been postponed indefinitely.
- Xiaomi postponed the launch of Mi 10 that was scheduled for March 31
- Vivo too postponed the launch of Vivo V19.
- Follow the comprehensive coverage of the Coronavirus pandemic and its impact, and other useful resources that can help you in the fight on Business Insider India.
AdvertisementIndia is currently under an extended 19-day nationwide lockdown to control the spread of Coronavirus pandemic. The lockdown was announced by Prime Minister Narendra Modi and will end on May 3.
Coronavirus adversely affected businesses in the country as only essential services are allowed to operate during the lockdown. The smartphone industry has also been affected by this as Xiaomi, Realme and Vivo decided to postpone their India launches.
Smartphone launches postponed due to Coronavirus
Realme Narzo 10 and Realme Narzo 10A
Realme was scheduled to unveil a new series, Narzo, which was expected to take on the recently announced Poco brand. The company said that the launch of Narzo 10 and Narzo 10A has been postponed indefinitely in India.
"In alignment with the recent order shared by the Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA), Government of India on the prohibition of the supply of non-essential goods by e-Commerce companies, realme has decided to postpone the online sales of its smartphones and the launch of its Narzo series until further notice," the company said in a statement.
Xiaomi Mi 10
The Xiaomi Mi 10 was first introduced in China on February 14 and was set to make its debut in India this month on March 31.
Xiaomi India MD, Manu Kumar Jain took to Twitter to announce that the company is focusing its energy to support the nation against Coronavirus and has decided to postpone the launch of Mi 10.
In his tweet, Manu Kumar Jain said, “We, at Xiaomi India, are focusing our energy to support the nation in its fight against COVID-19.
After careful deliberation, we've decided to postpone the launch of Mi 10 in India, which was scheduled for 31st March 2020.”
AdvertisementVivo was scheduled to announce its flagship smartphone, the Vivo V19 in India on March 26. It decided to postpone the launch due to the Coronavirus pandemic. The company has not revealed when it will launch the device in India.
Prime Minister Modi declares 21-day nationwide lockdown starting midnight
₹6,400 crore worth BS4 vehicles remain unsold due to Coronavirus
Those who violate Coronavirus lockdown could be jailed for 2 years and fined
Popular on BI
- PM Modi shares image of tailor on the street using Paytm, calls it a common sight across India
- Adani Enterprises’ ₹20,000 crore FPO fully subscribed on the last day
- I was working toward a promotion at Amazon when my manager started emailing me about needing coaching. Now I'm worried about losing my job.
- All major automakers except Bajaj Auto expected to register growth in January say brokerages
- India's core sector output rises by 7.4 per cent in December
- Indian start-ups are looking at reverse flipping says Economic Survey
- This cheesecake startup refused to give up a slice of its company for a lower valuation on Shark Tank India
- SC suggest Nirav Modi's bro-in-law to give letter of authority to CBI to access offshore bank accounts