You don’t need to wait for Windows 11 update; Here’s how you can get it now
Windows 11is now in the rolling out phase.
- While some PCs may have got the prompt to automatically update their OS, others have not.
- Users can
download Windows 11on their PCs manually by following the steps given below.
AdvertisementMicrosoft has begun rolling out its latest generation OS, Windows 11. While many computers and laptops that run the WIndows 10 OS would have got the update already, there are plenty others that have to wait to get the update since rolling out happens in phases and takes time.
While many of you may get the prompt on your system to upgrade the OS to Windows 11, you may not want to wait that long to experience the new OS. Others may not even get the latest OS if their system is not compatible. But as per Microsoft, users of older PCs can update their system to Windows 11 by downloading the ISO file and installing the OS manually.
To check if your system is compatible with the latest version of Windows, you can download Microsoft’s PC Health App that will tell whether your PC is eligible for automatic update. Else, you can also check for the update by heading over to Settings > Windows Update. If you haven’t got the update and you still want it, here’s how to do it.
Here’s how to download Windows 11 manually
- Open the browser on your computer.
- Vist the Microsoft page for downloading Windows 11. You can visit it here.
- You can click on the “Download Now” button to begin the installation process.
- Alternatively, you can also click on the “Download Now” button under Create Windows 11 Installation Media on the same page to create a bootable USB or DVD. This process has to be followed to perform a reinstall or clean install of Windows 11 on a new or used PC.
- There is another option to Download Windows 11 Disk Image, the ISO file. This downloading option is for users that want to create a bootable installation media or create a virtual machine.
- You can follow the directions to install Windows 11 with each of these steps.
Facebook shareholders lost nearly $50 billion in the 9 hours that the social network, WhatsApp and Instagram were down
Multitasking on Windows 11 might get better with Snap Layout and Virtual Desktop features, here’s how
Mark Zuckerberg's net worth is shedding billions
Popular on BI
- Amul hikes milk price by ₹2/ltr in Gujarat
- GST mop-up rises 13% to ₹1.6 lakh crore in March, second highest collection ever
- White House refuses to pay for Twitter's Blue verification: Report
- Italy bans ChatGPT, orders investigation over privacy breach
- IISc researchers design tiny supercapacitor capable of storing large amount of electric charge