YouTube Shorts hits 30 billion daily views: Sundar Pichai
"Just as YouTube evolved from desktop to mobile, and that created huge opportunities, we are excited about the new opportunities we see now. Short-form video is one," he said during the company's earnings call late on Tuesday.
"The first step is our $100 million
"Over 40 per cent of creators who will receive payment from the Shorts Funds in 2021 weren't in the
Google is currently testing ads on Shorts with products like app install and video action campaigns and is encouraged by the early results.
"We are deeply committed to supporting the next generation of mobile creators here on YouTube and are very actively working on what monetisation could look like in the future," the company said.
In the first quarter, Going added new capabilities to video editing, and "we are continuing to invest in making Shorts a fantastic experience for creators and viewers alike," said Pichai.
In the year ahead, "we will give YouTube's connected TV viewers new smartphone control navigation and interactivity features, allowing people to comment and share content they are watching on television directly from their devices," Pichai informed.
Burnout is the biggest factor behind women leaving the workforce in India
If you’re quitting Twitter after Elon Musk’s takeover, here's how to download all your tweets
Popular on BI
- 911 dispatchers say skiers are accidentally setting off Apple's new crash-detection technology without realizing, triggering emergency calls
- The rally in stocks will trick investors into thinking the bear market is over, but there's still a case for the S&P 500 to fall another 26% next year, Morgan Stanley's Mike Wilson says
- Adani may be the richest Indian but Ambani’s RIL retains the top spot on Hurun's list of most valuable companies
- Here are the best apps and games on Google Play in India 2022
- Top 10 companies with the highest net profit in India as per Hurun 2022 list
- Rupee gains 8 paise to close at 81.22 against US dollar
- BYJU’s, Zomato, Dream11 among India’s most valuable PE/VC-funded companies as per Hurun
- GST revenues rose by 11% to ₹1.46 lakh crore in November: Finance Ministry