If you’re quitting Twitter after Elon Musk’s takeover, here's how to download all your tweets
- Elon Musk has officially confirmed that his acquisition of Twitter in a $44 billion deal has begun.
- Many users are pledging to leave Twitter as they believe Musk will change the platform for bad.
- So we decided to show you how to archive your
Twitter accountbefore you delete it.
AdvertisementThe news about Elon Musk taking over Twitter is all over the internet and as expected, netizens have gone crazy over it. While Musk’s supporters are happy about the fact and believe he will stand up to liberate free speech, there are many that think the opposite. A lot of tweets of people deciding to leave Twitter have started pouring in, and if you’re one of them, we have some help to make it easier for you.
The idea of deleting your Twitter is fine but what about your posts — the jokes, memes or anything that you’ve put your thoughts on. Deleting your account will lead to the loss of thousands of photos, videos, comments, replies and tweets.
So before you take that step, we would advise you to archive your entire account. You heard it right. Twitter allows you to download a complete archive of your account including, tweets, direct messages, GIFs, pictures, and videos you’ve posted.
Here’s how you can archive your Twitter account and download it-
- For Twitter on desktop, click on ‘More’ which is in the navigation bar on the left.
- If you are on mobile, then open the navigation bar by tapping on your profile picture.
- Go to ‘Settings and privacy.’
- Tap on ‘Your account.’
- Tap on ‘Download an archive of your data.’
- A new window will open and Twitter will ask you to verify your password.
- You will get a few options to verify your account, verification code to an email address or phone number. Choose whichever option you prefer.
- Once received the verification code, enter it and tap on ‘Next.’
- Tap on ‘Request archive.’
- You will receive a notification to download a ZIP file of your Twitter archive when it's ready to download. It can take 24 hours to download ZIP files, once the file is available you will get a push notification or email.
Twitter CEO Parag Agrawal will reportedly get $42 million if he is terminated after Elon Musk acquires the company
China gets its first commercial self-driving taxi service after two years of testing
Popular on BI
- RANKED: The world's 20 strongest militaries
- I quit buying from Amazon 4 years ago. I get better deals on products elsewhere but still have to use their services.
- Gen Z faces more pressure at work than previous generations because technology has eliminated work-life boundaries, a psychology professor says
- From usernames to secret codes for locked chats, here are the upcoming WhatsApp features
- Coal sector PSUs poised to cross ₹21,030 crore Capex target for 2023-24
- Stock markets snap six-day rally; Sensex slumps over 400 points
- From Lathmar Holi to Jallikattu: India's most unusual festivals
- Orient Technologies files draft papers with Sebi to mop-up funds via IPO