The 15 most popular tech jobs for non-techies - and their average salaries
- Tech industry jobs aren't only for people with coding backgrounds.
- The top 3 most popular tech jobs for non-techies are sales manager, business development manager, and sales representative roles at tech companies, according to a study by salary and compensation website Comparably.
- Here are the top 15 most popular tech jobs - and their average salaries - for non-techies.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
So you've decided you want a job in the tech industry but you don't have a technical background.
The tech industry doesn't exclusively hire coders and software engineers. People who have studied the humanities and business can often find an in at tech companies in roles focused on management, human resources, social media, and more. And, some of the jobs can yield six-figure salaries.
According to a recent study by salary and compensation website Comparably based on 20,000 anonymous employee salary records, here are the top 15 most popular tech jobs - and their average salaries - for non-techies.
15. Office Manager — $58,884
14. Social Media Manager — $63,309
13. Accountant — $63,393
12. Customer Service Manager
11. Copywriter / Content Writer — $68,197
10. Public Relations Manager — $83,329
9. Business Analyst — $83,770
8. Marketing Manager — $87,448
7. Account Manager — $88,700
6. Operations Manager — $92,874
5. Recruiter — $93,874
4. Human Resources Manager — $101,262
3. Sales Representative — $109,282
2. Business Development Manager — $116,172
1. Sales Manager — $117,344
- Astronomers find planet that seems too humongous to be orbiting its parent star!
- Penguins employ thousands of microsleeps to achieve 11 hours' slumber daily!
- Ashok Gehlot: Magician leaves centre stage in Rajasthan
- Trauma made Abrar an 'Animal': Bobby Deol on his negative role
- Victory of Modi's guarantees, say BJP leaders as party sweeps states states