The surprising first jobs of 17 US presidents
Sure, most US presidents throughout our history have had experience in law, politics, or the military - or some combination thereof.
But many future presidents had rather unconventional first gigs- from plucking chickens to working at a circus to selling comic books at a grocery store.
It's definitely encouraging for anyone who suffered through a weird start to their career.
Here are the surprising first jobs held by Washington, Lincoln, Obama, and 14 other US presidents:
Natalie Walters contributed to a previous version of this article.
Popular on BI
- India may require 31,000 pilots in next 20 years: Boeing
- Unlike global economy, India would not slow down: RBI article
- Tier-1 cities’ home sales is 2x of what it’s in tier-2 cities: PropEquity
- Thomas Cook India, SOTC launch Green Carpet to help companies manage carbon emissions of biz travel
- Moody's downgrades outlook for UBS to negative, after Credit Suisse take over