The top 10 business visionaries creating value for the world
Many rankings focus only on those who have achieved great financial success. Our CEO Henry Blodget sums up the drawbacks of such a focus:
"The more money you make, the implication is, the better and more successful you are. We believe this cheapens the mission and sense of purpose that many great business leaders bring to their companies and products. And it certainly undersells their inspiring accomplishments."
Over the course of several months, we scoured the business landscape for inventive leaders making bold moves to create value for four constituencies: shareholders, employees, consumers, and society.
We found companies from around the world, both public and private, across many industries. We considered not only what they have created, but how. We consulted a variety of databases, including Glassdoor to gauge employee sentiment and Wealth-X to chart noteworthy philanthropic missions.
Here's a look at the top 10 people and companies that made the list.
Edited by Alex Morrell.
Additional editing and reporting by Matthew DeBord, Diane Galligan, Mo Hadi, Ashley Lutz, Lydia Ramsey, Matt Rosoff, Sara Silverstein, Dave Smith, and Matthew Turner.
- Virat Kohli to take a break from white-ball games on South Africa tour; to be available for Tests: Report
- Gold prices soar to 7-month high
- FPI stake: Coforge, IDFC First Bank and Patanjali Foods see highest increase in Sept quarter
- With the onset of funding winter, founders are now better behaved, says Mukul Gulati of Zephyr Peacock
- Uttarakhand: NDRF rescue team members recount experience leading to evacuation of 41 workers